Another solo tenting question

Anne's Family

Life is good... Really.
Is it possible to coordinate with another tenting solo or family to share a campsite? Anyone ever done it? Even if I could share for just part of my trip it would help. I don't take up much space.

I'll do it. (I was going to ask the same thing, but I'm too shy.) I want to go about the same dates. It is just my son and I in one small tent. Why don't you PM me and we can talk about it.

P.S. We are from Texas too

I can see why you would do a tent alone, but not with the family. I don't think I could sleep with a bunch of people in a tent, with everyone moving or having to get up all the time for the bathroom, but with just my son and I, we are in for the night and asleep with no problems. I think October has to be the best month for tent camping at the Fort.

I just read through your January solo trip report, and I see that you've not stayed at the Fort before, but you have rode around. It is really a great place to stay. My family always stayed there when I was growing up, and 4 years ago I pulled my pop up from Texas to Fort Wilderness and stayed 7 nights. We loved it. The Fort feels really safe, not like a wilderness camping area, or a state park. As long as you are not leaving valuables around, I don't think anyone would mess with you.

I don't have the pop-up any more, but we have an itsy-bitsy tent. I am thinking of flying in, and staying 9 nights. We will probably do 2 days at SeaWorld/ Aquatica. If you would like to work something out, let me know. As for sharing a site, we would probably only need to work out sharing an electrical plug, and who will park their car at the site.

Just so you know a little about me, I am a stay at home single mom. I homeschool my son who is 9, soon to be 10. We both love Disney, and this will be my son's 5th time there. We are quiet, clean, and easy-going. I do not do Disney with such a plan anymore because we only have to make it to our favorites, and we know we'll be back.

I still can't believe someone asked exactly what I was thinking.

Let me know,
Carie:flower3:

I think this is a great idea. Ive often seen posts by females wanting to solo, but having concerns about safety...this is a great solution for that, not to mention a terrific way to save a few bucks. I hope things work out well for ya'll.

Just a suggestion....try to keep all further details about this trip in PMs just to be even safer.Carierraine...I think you need 10 posts to start PMing...it MAy be more, but you can go to the test boards and rack up a few post to be able to PM folk, or just chit chat with us on the Useless fact board for a bit, your post count will come up quickly.

Thanks Rog. You're right. Last time I put a bunch of details in a thread, someone showed up at a small meet that really made me uncomfortable.

Carie, I PMd you. Just wait until you're able to respond. You can go back an edit your post to delete details if you like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter