Another new member!!

team disney

Mouseketeer
Hi! SO happy to find this site!:love:

I have a magical gatherings trip planned for late August thru Labor day! I am so excited for this trip. I have 2 boys 7 & 3 and our last trip to WDW was a quickie 4days. This time we are spending a few more days 7 in total and it will be our first time as a family to Epcot. I am ver excited to go as the last (& First) visit to Epcot was in the mid 80's. All the worlds were not even complete back then. I can't wait to get a look at it as an adult!

I am sure I will find a ton of info here! To start can someone point me in the direction of how to get info on the magical Gatherings. And tips on how to survive the worlds with a big group.

Thank you for any help!:cheer2:

I think the Disney homepage has alot of information... there are alot of extra's for magical gatherings that always look so good i wanna book with strangers just for the perks!! We have travelled with 12 people and honestly it can get a little stressful at times... i learned the hard and long way... to let everyone kinda do their own thing. once the "apron" strings have been cut you'd be surprised just how much you actually do together!

I think the Disney homepage has alot of information... there are alot of extra's for magical gatherings that always look so good i wanna book with strangers just for the perks!! We have travelled with 12 people and honestly it can get a little stressful at times... i learned the hard and long way... to let everyone kinda do their own thing. once the "apron" strings have been cut you'd be surprised just how much you actually do together!

I completely agree with you! THis will be the second trip with a large group. We schedule dinners and such together but not all of them. We make sure that each family has their own time to do things but we do end up together a lot. Our next trip is for 13 people. We have a magical gathering event planned - The Intl Dinner/Illuminations dessert cruise at Epcot. I can not wait.

Good luck with your planning. Your TA or the Disney folks can go into great detail about grand gathering.

Thanks for the advice on the big group situation. My family of four and my sisters family of four along with my mom & dad are doing this trip. kids range from 1-7. My kids are older and will be doing alot more than my sister's little ones. The big group will help the parents with getting the opportunity to do the rides together while the granparents sit it out with the kids.
I agree with each family doing their own things too. we do have may reservations together but I agree that traveling in a pack may not always work!
Thanks again!

oh one more lil bit... while traveling in a "pack" going to the bathroom can be an all our nightmare! :eek: one person has to stop, you all wait, then someone else decides they have to go... then one more. The first person is out and your still waiting for person number 3. someone else decides they'll go... the first person want to go look at that thing over there, person 2 comes out while person 6 decides that they should go "while we are here" and it continues... we used to spend sooooo much time waiting by the bathrooms that we could have ridden a couple of rides in that time....

Ya... traveling in a pack... not so much! We love em and wanna keep it that way till the end of the trip!!:grouphug:

Thinktinknpixiedust- That bathroom post had me :rotfl2:
It is Funny because it is so true!!
Thanks for the reminder!

glad i could give you a giggle... see how magical disney is!! even bathroom horror stories are looked at with a smile!:laughing: Have you found much grand gathering things yet? I am dying to find out what your going to do... did you check out the grand gatherings safari? that always looked cool. our problem was when we were traveling with a herd they had not brought out all of the cool special stuff for large groups. we did have a name for ourselves... we were "The Herd of Turtles!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter