Another Jet Blue Question

I booked yesterday for the 3 of us to fly from Newark to Orlando Nov. 30 to Dec. 9. I paid 868.80 before using $69 in travel credits. This is the most I've spent on airfare but was too nervous to wait in case it went up.

Whats the best way to track fare rates? Heading to disneyland from the east coast in December, and surprised how hight the rates were. Also I wouldnt want to book for a credit because we only fly about every 15 months. is there some alert website that would email me if it changes?

I use yapta.com, and it works great. It emails me if my booked flight goes down and tells me how much of a credit I will get from the airline.

Whats the best way to track fare rates? Heading to disneyland from the east coast in December, and surprised how hight the rates were. Also I wouldnt want to book for a credit because we only fly about every 15 months. is there some alert website that would email me if it changes?

You do not have to travel by the expiration date, you just have to book before it.

deleted. Sorry, this post was a little too political. Let's just say that I would not expect a drop in gas prices this year due to the election. This will likely keep airfare high as well.

I agree, the oil companies will definitely try to keep prices as high as possible to maintain an environment of fear and dissatisfaction regarding our federal government.

Well, so far I'm really glad I booked on Sunday. Our RT flights have already gone up $36 a person. That would have cost me an extra$108! :scared1:

Well, so far I'm really glad I booked on Sunday. Our RT flights have already gone up $36 a person.

Me too! We only booked one direction (are waiting to see SW's fares for the other direction because it's not a peak date). Ticket prices have for the flight we booked have already gone up $105 per person. That's over $400 saved!

While I'm not one to complain about current airfares, as they are lower than the regulation days of yore, the current Jet Blue fares from Portland to Orlando are crazy stupid :scared: :laughing:.

They want $330 pp each way, for a total ticket of $660 pp! Total for three came to $1,900+, and the choices are limited (only one option coming home). On the other hand, most every other legacy carrier are significantly lower with lots of options.

It is almost as if they don't want me to fly them to see the Florida mouse ;)

I agree, the oil companies will definitely try to keep prices as high as possible to maintain an environment of fear and dissatisfaction regarding our federal government.

This just isn't true. As much as I am not a fan of oil companies, it's not their greed driving the increase in fuel costs. Oil prices are high due to increased demand, supply problems (South Sedan, Nigeria, and Syria), and concerns by traders worried about tensions with Iran causing more supply problems. Among other things.

The US government really doesn't have much influence on global oil prices.

Well, we are going 12/30 - 1/6 and the prices came out @ $236 round trip. That's high compared to what we normally pay, but we don't usually fly at peak times. I also have about $263 in credits, so for the 3 of us it would be $526. I'm thinking I should just go ahead and purchase them, but I'll be kicking myself if the price drops! :confused3

I didn't read the whole thread but personally, I think with the rising fuel costs it's better to book ASAP. I booked Jet Blue from Dulles for our flights over spring break @ $210 pp round trip (leaving TODAY :banana:) last fall when they released the schedule & it promptly went UP, UP, UP right after & stayed up. When all the airlines released for August back in January I was expecting to pay less since it's not a holiday period...WRONG! SW & AT out of BWI along with JB out of Dulles were ALL higher than what I paid for spring break (like $256+) so I ended up booking on United out of Dulles for $210 pp (same was what we paid for spring break). I have been watching those fares either hold steady or increase since then...across the board. NONE have dropped. So I am glad I booked what I did when I did. The days of cheap air are over - at least for now.

I didn't read the whole thread but personally, I think with the rising fuel costs it's better to book ASAP. I booked Jet Blue from Dulles for our flights over spring break @ $210 pp round trip (leaving TODAY :banana:) last fall when they released the schedule & it promptly went UP, UP, UP right after & stayed up. When all the airlines released for August back in January I was expecting to pay less since it's not a holiday period...WRONG! SW & AT out of BWI along with JB out of Dulles were ALL higher than what I paid for spring break (like $256+) so I ended up booking on United out of Dulles for $210 pp (same was what we paid for spring break). I have been watching those fares either hold steady or increase since then...across the board. NONE have dropped. So I am glad I booked what I did when I did. The days of cheap air are over - at least for now.

Since JB is only out through 1/6/13 I'm thinking about just booking our January trip for the outbound leg only. We are going 1/6 and returning the 10th.

Looks like there are lots of us from the DMV area. I'm looking at Dulles to Long Beach in December, and was hoping to not pay that high but I guess it isn't bad. We haven't finalized going so I hope I dont regret waiting to buy. Was hoping I could see if Disney offered a discount in the next couple of months - might change which hotel we book.

We bought our October tickets the day the schedule extended that far and paid $195 RT National to MCO. Those tickets are now $268. :scared1: I don't think I'll be seeing any credits on these flights.

This just isn't true. As much as I am not a fan of oil companies, it's not their greed driving the increase in fuel costs. Oil prices are high due to increased demand, supply problems (South Sedan, Nigeria, and Syria), and concerns by traders worried about tensions with Iran causing more supply problems. Among other things.

The US government really doesn't have much influence on global oil prices.

I don't want to start a political discussion, but if gas prices aren't politically motivated, then why do you think the prices took a drastic nose dive in the months prior to the 2008 election? Was it just coincidence?

http://gasbuddy.com/gb_retail_price_chart.aspx

We are going to DL in June, but first flying on Jet Blue to San Francisco to visit my grandson. My question is that there are only about 40 seats sold right now (Thurs., June 21). That seems weird to me. Will they still fly with so few passengers? I am more familiar with SW planes which seem to be always full (at least when we fly to WDW).

I don't want to start a political discussion, but if gas prices aren't politically motivated, then why do you think the prices took a drastic nose dive in the months prior to the 2008 election? Was it just coincidence?

http://gasbuddy.com/gb_retail_price_chart.aspx

It was much more related to a huge drop in global demand due to the economic downturn. It correlates almost exactly with the global economy at that time.

The prices for my JetBlue flights have gone up since I booked. Unfortunately for me, they've pushed our flight back twice to later in the day. We will arrive too late for a dinner ADR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!