Another FL Res. ressie question...

Soupermom

DIS Veteran
Thanks to my friends here, I've learned my Sister, who lives in Tampa, can get our rooms with her FL resident discount for next year. (She'll be staying with us). We need three rooms and everyone has said the FL rate can be applied to all three. So, can I call and reserve the rooms with my Disney Visa and they'll just believe me that she'll be there at check-in with her ID, or does she have to call. Can I put both of our names on the ressies so we can both call to make changes if needed? TIA! :sunny:

We're going in October.

I made the reservations, 2 rooms at POFQ. I put down a deposit. I called and asked about FL resident, as my parents live in Cape Coral, but I want to pay our way...

The CM said, 1. we'd have to rebook the whole reservation in their name.\
and then 2. Florida resident codes for October may (emphasis on MAY) come out sometime in July, keep checking. :cheer2:

So, then I put a deposit equal to one week's stay for my dh, dd, and me!! And then I asked, if I switch it to my parents name, will the "deposit" I've put down carry over? She thought it would!! Then I said, one more confusing question, what about if a resident rate comes out, then could we make it a "split stay between AKL and POFQ?" she thought that wouldnt be a problem!! :Pinkbounc

(see all these variations is why I cant imagine going with a TA, no matter how tempted I am!!) :sad2:

:wizard: Now I am hoping anyone with experience will chime in!! princess:

The reservation needs to be in the Fl residents name. You do have to show your driver license at check in - so if it's not a FL license the CM may go "hmmmm".

Same with AAA - the reservation must be in the members name.

I think they will only mail the confirmation to a FL address as well, not sure on that one though.

Anne

So, I can make the ressie in my sis's name (3 Rooms), put the deposit on my c.c. and then she just checks us all in with her Drivers liscense? Will I still be able to call and ask about/apply codes, etc? Can both our names be on the ressie?

My DH is technically a FLA res, but we are in the military and live in PA. We got the FLA res rate for a trip in May. The CM told me that the reservation was OK in my name (I am NOT a FLA res), but my husband would have to show proof of residency upon checkin (his name is also on the res, only not as the "primary"). Since we live in PA, he doesn't have a valid FL license, however, a voter registration card for FLA is okay for proof of residency. And FYI, they mailed the confirmation to our PA address. Good luck!

PrincessSophie'sMom said:
My DH is technically a FLA res, but we are in the military and live in PA. We got the FLA res rate for a trip in May. The CM told me that the reservation was OK in my name (I am NOT a FLA res), but my husband would have to show proof of residency upon checkin (his name is also on the res, only not as the "primary"). Since we live in PA, he doesn't have a valid FL license, however, a voter registration card for FLA is okay for proof of residency. And FYI, they mailed the confirmation to our PA address. Good luck!
Exactly. Our friends reside in LA, but have a beautiful vacation home in Florida *(Key West). They travel there frequently, and spend about half their time in the Keys. They both have Florida State ID cards, obtained at a DMV. They have had Zero problems using these cards as valid forms of FLA RESIDENT verification. They are able to take advantage of ALL the things available exclusively to Florida residents. Hmmm...maybe we should buy a home in the Keys... :confused3

ducklite said:
I think they will only mail the confirmation to a FL address as well, not sure on that one though.

Anne

No, they will mail it to an out of state address.

What about this scenario:

1) my friend from New York wants to stay for a week, Friday to Friday, late April
2) friends father is Florida resident, wants room for Saturday and Sunday night

Can father get Florida resident for friend from NY?

Dad would have to be there on check in so it doesn't sound like it. However, Dad could book one room for him from Sat to Sat and one for friend from Sat to Fri. Friend would have to deal with their own room Friday.

When stayed in January I had two rooms reserved, one for my family and one for our friends visiting from LA. Our room's deposit was on our credit card and their room on theirs, not problem. I had to put both rooms in my name. We arrived at the resort prior to them and wanted to go into the parks and the resort told me that even though I got there first, they still wanted me there at check in. I finally got one great desk clerk and a supervisor to kind of pre-check them in so we could go to Epcot for lunch. They took all the names from me and actually printed up their cards and left them waiting behind the counter along with a copy of my license and our room info. Chris and Sue then had no problems gettting their room keys and weren't asked for the Fl ID.

CarolA said:
Dad would have to be there on check in so it doesn't sound like it. However, Dad could book one room for him from Sat to Sat and one for friend from Sat to Fri. Friend would have to deal with their own room Friday.
Dad only wants a 2 night stay, friend wants 7 nights....

ILoveWDW2003 said:
Dad only wants a 2 night stay, friend wants 7 nights....

He has to be there when they check in. The discount is for Florida residents and your friends are not. If they were planning the whole trip with him it would be one thing, but the other way really is trying to skirt the issue of residency a bit. The resort will have his name on his KTTW and their names tied to their room with their KTTW. Technically when he leaves the Florida resident leaves so they have the right at any time to switch them over the rack rate!

Make separate reservations. We had 3 rooms in FL res rate. My parents are FL res, we are, but not MIL. I made one res for 3 rooms. We all checked in with our own credit cards, no problem. However, my MIL ended up with all the extra charges on her room, since she was the last one to check in. They treated the res like it was one room with parents and the rest kids or something. Took awhile to sort out all the charges.

Hope this helps.

iluvtig

ILoveWDW2003 said:
What about this scenario:

1) my friend from New York wants to stay for a week, Friday to Friday, late April
2) friends father is Florida resident, wants room for Saturday and Sunday night

Can father get Florida resident for friend from NY?

Friend will only get the FL ressie discount the two days while father is there, after that the ressie could possibly resort back to rack rate once he checks out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter