Another Direct Sales Question

Turn the Page

DIS Veteran
I reached out to DVC today to ask a couple questions in preparation for our upcoming purchase. I indicated that we would want an August UY at Riviera and he said they were selling September and he would have to ask for approval. Is that unlikely to go through or does that just mean they have a bunch of September inventory they are pushing?

I reached out to DVC today to ask a couple questions in preparation for our upcoming purchase. I indicated that we would want an August UY at Riviera and he said they were selling September and he would have to ask for approval. Is that unlikely to go through or does that just mean they have a bunch of September inventory they are pushing?

What is going on at DVC Sales? Such crazy (misinformation? new rules?)!!!!

I called several times when CCV and Poly were new and could always get any UY.

I'm not even going to pretend to have the answer for you.

Good luck!

I think you were given incorrect information. I’m 99% sure you can get whatever use year you like when buying a new resort direct.

I have heard that before but there will not be a problem getting what you want.

You should get it... we wanted a specific month when we bought direct as well.. got the same speel and a day or two later we got the call that they “pulled some strings” and were able to get it

It means they’re pushing September. If you say “Oh, so sorry, we really want an August UY. Call us when you can sell it,” you’ll get a call within a day or two if not an hour or two.

Hello, we were told we couldn’t combine incentives (when people have in the past), a dis poster was told they had to buy one contract of 125 to qualify for a blue card and could not combine two , and now this UY business - are Disney getting more ‘difficult’? Seems to me they should be making it easier to buy direct, not harder 🤷‍♀️

I was told the same thing for my OKW contract, that they would have to get approval for an Oct UY (he seemed to want me to get Dec), and I even had to tell the guide WHY I wanted that UY because he said "they" would want to know.

I was told the same thing for my OKW contract, that they would have to get approval for an Oct UY (he seemed to want me to get Dec), and I even had to tell the guide WHY I wanted that UY because he said "they" would want to know.
It depends on how long ago you bought. Until 2019 DVC when they bought back contracts they could not change the use year. So if they did not have a contract in that use year with current points they could not sell one to you till they had points available. It seems most guides try to downplay the importance of use year. For most people it might not make a difference 95% of the time. It’s that 5% of the time it is very important, that makes the correct use year important

It depends on how long ago you bought. Until 2019 DVC when they bought back contracts they could not change the use year. So if they did not have a contract in that use year with current points they could not sell one to you till they had points available. It seems most guides try to downplay the importance of use year. For most people it might not make a difference 95% of the time. It’s that 5% of the time it is very important, that makes the correct use year important
This was Friday

It's a game they play. We got the same story when we bought in 2019. I don't remember which month they were pushing but we told them it was a definite no go for us. Our guide put us on hold for "approval" to sell us a September use year and after about 5 minutes he came back and said they could make it happen.

It was a Festivus miracle! :rotfl2:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter