Another borrowing question.

wideeyes

<font color=purple>Won't use fake tan, wants to st
I have another question regarding borrowing points, at the moment I have developer points and and don't get my DVC points for use year 2008 until December so I don't have any bankable points.

I am booking SSR using my developer points at the 7 month window for May however I would like to try for a 1 bed villa which will require borrowing points.

I am also planning on going in October and I will need to borrow points from 2009 for this. I don't want to leave booking SSR until I get my 2008 points as I can only book at SSR so don't want to end with nothing.

My question is if I borrow points from my 2008 use year can I still borrow points from 2009?

If I understand your question...

You want to travel to SSR in May 2009, using your December 2008 use year points. Since that falls within yur December 2008 use year, there is no need to borrow points, unless you don't have enough 2008 points to make that reservation. Call in November to use AKV points at SSR is not your home resort.

For an October 2009 stay, you can book that in November 2008, and they will borrow your December 2009 points, as needed for that reservation. Basically, the points have to be available in the use year in which you are traveling, and it has no bearing on the 11/7 month reservation window.

Yes in a short word. The borrowing of points is linked to the trip you want to book and not to reservation windows, so as long as you are close enough to book you can borrow points as you need 'em.

That is great, thanks. Hopefully I will get the hang of all this point stuff soon.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter