another august question

smfritz03

Just when I thought Vacation Planning was figuring
We are going the week of August 8th--what are the crowds usually like? Are there really long waits? I looked at some photos online--and the crowds I seen almost scared me away!!! :rotfl:

And what is the talk of lime green and wearing it?

I'm also going down in August, we're arriving on the 19th and according to the unofficial guide we're a crowd category 5 or 6.

The lime green represents your connection per se with the disney boards, so if you see another person with lime green, they might also post on these boards.

DebMcDonald said:
I'm also going down in August, we're arriving on the 19th and according to the unofficial guide we're a crowd category 5 or 6.

The lime green represents your connection per se with the disney boards, so if you see another person with lime green, they might also post on these boards.

What is a crowed category 5 or 6?

We've been in August. Gosh cant believe that was 5 years ago. Ok heres the deal. I dont remember being overwhelmed by crowds. KNowing the parks were open very late, we always left the parks at lunch for an afternoon break. Then we went back in the evenings til closing. By taking the breaks we missed the worst of the crowds and the heat.

I can't find my unofficial quide book right now, but if my memory servies me I think it was 20-30 minutes at popular attractions.

DebMcDonald said:
I can't find my unofficial quide book right now, but if my memory servies me I think it was 20-30 minutes at popular attractions.

WOW! I hope that is true for the 2nd week of August--I was expecting more like 2-3 hours!!! Is this for the entire month of August? I know we are hitting the parks the 8th, 9th, and 10th for sure--and then there is a toss between the beach or another park-- Thanks so much--that has made me feel alot better!

We will be going to WDW Aug 8th as well :wave2:

From what I have been reading, alot of schools in the southern states go back to school right around that time, so maybe thats why the crowds go down a bit? :confused3 I dont know for sure but maybe?

Whatever the reason, or whatever the crowds I'm just glad we are going! :cloud9: See Ya There :wave2:

The 2005 calendar has been revised as of May 31. The 1-10 scale is also easier to understand (at least, I hope it is!).

Len

Here's the latest in August from the unofficial guide. I apologize I was way off yesterday in my times for the peak periods.

1 = Peak wait times of 15 minutes or less
2 = Peak waits of 20 - 29 minutes
3 = Peak waits of 30- 39 minutes
4 = Peak waits of 40 - 49 minutes
5 = Peak waits of 50 - 59 minutes
6 = Peak waits of 60 - 69 minutes
7 = Peak waits of 70- 79 minutes
8 = Peak waits of 80 - 89 minutes
9 = Peak waits of 90- 99 minutes
10 = Peak waits of 100 minutes or more

August 8-13 is rated a category 8
August 14-30 is mainly 7's with an occasional 6 thrown in there.

So much for thinking late August would be a good time of year...... I now feel I sould have pulled my kids out of school and gone at another time.....UGH

lentesta said:
The 2005 calendar has been revised as of May 31. The 1-10 scale is also easier to understand (at least, I hope it is!).

Len

Len,

have you every done a chart on the wait times throughout the day? For example if the peak wait time is 60 minutes at 2:00 PM then the wait time at 10:am is X percent of the peak. Just curious as we do not plan to be at the parks during the peak hours of the day but would be interested in what the wait time graph is during the typical day.

Thanks in advance.

Any idea when Augusts' hours will be out?
Disneyworld.com shows both august and september but they are blank?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!