• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another AP and DDE question

jbhaupt

DVC Member
Hello,

Need to order my Ap's soon. I let them expire in May because we were not returning until November. If I order them over the phone, will I get the AP number so I can work on getting my DDE cards, and having it ready for P/U at Epcot. The problem is I want to p/u on a Sunday, so I thought I'd make sure it was ready and sitting there on Friday. Any suggestions??

Thanks,
Bonnit :wizard:

I just ordered my DDE moments ago. I had called last week to order both APs and DDE. I was told by MS that I needed to have the APs in hand before ordering DDE. I had the APs express mailed. ($10)

DDE needed the number on the back of the AP for me to purchase the DDE. Temp cards will be at EPCOT guest relations when I get to Disney on Oct 14.

Hope this helps.

I received green cards (nasty color) in the mail. I believe these are vouchers and I will need to exchange these in when I get to the park.

Please excuse my ignorance, this will be my first time. We just purchased our DVC this year and will be going home for the first time on Oct 15th.

Welcome Home....I hope you have a wonderful trip. Where is your home resort??

Bonnie :wizard:

What you get in the mail are usually vouchers that get activated at guest services at the parks. The voucher will allow you to order your DDE card. We did this last January. We had everything purchased in advance and when we arrived at BWV that Sunday we activated our AP's at the international gateway at Epcot, walked through the park and picked up our DDE temporary card at the front gate, then hopped on the monorail to go to dinner at Ohana.

You do want to be sure your vouchers arrive in time to order your DDE card. We had purchased our vouchers almost 6 months earlier, so obviously they arrived in PLENTY of time. LOL You will also need to be sure to order your DDE card by the Friday before you leave. I think I ordered mine earlier in the week than that...on Monday or Tuesday, to be sure everything could be ready for us.

Oh, and our vouchers were the green plastic cards....but our AP's are paper tickets. After 20 days in the parks this year they're getting extremely ragged. On our last trip I had to have mine reactivated as it lost its magnetic code....but they didn't replace it, just swiped it through their machine at guest services and it was fixed. Still dog-eared, creased and getting fuzzy at the edges though. It still gets me that room keys and vouchers that are all disposable and often not used more than a handful of times are made of nice durable plastic and AP's are flimsy cardstock.

dvc at last ! said:
We are arriving October 7th. Can I purchase AP and DDE at the parks ?

Can the AP

Can't the DDE only call -in orders but you can can that and get a temp card.

The first time we received our DDE card we picked up our AP's at Gateway and I called on the cell phone to DDE, they said the temp letter would be ready for P/U main Epcot entrance at 5pm. But that was on a Friday, I thought they were only open M-F and you needed to have everything set before for a weekend P/U??

dvc at last ! said:
We are arriving October 7th. Can I purchase AP and DDE at the parks ?

No, you can't purchase the DDE at the parks. Hope you see this in time. You have to order DDE over the phone (or maybe online?) and must have your AP or voucher in hand to do so.

The problem is that the DDE office is only open M-F until 5pm. So it you purchase your AP at the parks on the 7th, you won't be able to get the DDE temporary card until after 5:30 on the 9th at Epcot.

I would call MS or the DDE # and see if there are any options for you at this late date. You can pay for your AP over the phone and pick it up at will call at any park but I don't think you can order DDE until you have the card in hand.

Let us know if you have any luck.

I am really glad to hear that some of you have had luck getting your DDE with only your vouchers. In Apr 2005, we bought our AP's and got our vouchers in the mail. We called DDE and were told that we could not get our DDE until we had our actual pass numbers, not our voucher numbers. We were arriving on Fri evening, and DDE was only open M-F. So, we had to call DDE on Monday, and wait until Tues after 5 to p/u our DDE card. By this time, we had been at the park for 4 days!! Needless to say, it did not save us a lot of money on that trip.

I'm glad to hear things have definitely changed!!

Hi,

Just wanted to give an update my AP vouchers came in the mail this week and I called DDE to order my card. They will have the temp letter/membership information waiting for me at front entrance to Epcot for when we arrive next week.
I asked what if we can't get there in time the first day??? She said do not worry they will hold it for 30 days...
There was also a $10 price increase for DVC members from last year.
Getting really excited can't wait for the trip...

Take care,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter