Annual Passholder Previews REGISTRATION LINK IN FIRST POST-EVENT FULLY BOOKED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m still patiently waiting:badpc:! I have this week off of work and was really hoping I would hear something this week! My son, who is not a Disney fan, is super jealous we may get a sneak peak of the Land this August, haha!

Has anyone else hit the “Nothing means anything, none of it’s a sign, it won’t happen this week and I’m over constantly checking” stage?
I've thought nothing means nothing, none of it's a sign since the beginning.
I was totally in the dark about when sign-ups would come until they announced CM sign-ups. Now I think the AP one will drop after or at the same time, as the CM ones. No reason for that, just logic that if the AP dates fall after the CM dates the sign up won't come before them.
As long as it's not while I'm on the plane today I'll be good ;)
So, powers to be, lets not drop from about 12:00 till 4:30 today, m'kay :)

I really don’t think they are going to send an email out with a certain registration date for the APs, they have to consider work schedules for their own employees, but not us! I’m guessing it’s just going to drop randomly, mid day next week and it’s going to be a free for all! That being said, still checking this and my email religiously

I really don’t think they are going to send an email out with a certain registration date for the APs, they have to consider work schedules for their own employees, but not us! I’m guessing it’s just going to drop randomly, mid day next week and it’s going to be a free for all! That being said, still checking this and my email religiously
I had the same thought. They know they'll get the bodies they want for the AP preview. CMs will have to request the time off.

I sit at a computer all day long for work, so it's easy enough for me to refresh the page and my email regularly.

The past two events(Pandora and TSL) have both been dropped randomly, so that is what I assumed would happen this go around as well. I never thought there would be an email saying the date and time to register.

The past two events(Pandora and TSL) have both been dropped randomly, so that is what I assumed would happen this go around as well. I never thought there would be an email saying the date and time to register.
this is most likely how it will happen. I can't remember the last time the announced WHEN the registration would be and then they had the site crash. I doubt they'll go that way again

I'm convinced their IT department consists of two people hunkered down in a bunker somewhere subsisting entirely on Mountain Dew and funions. I have one of those old non-expiring passes and an AP. For the last 18 months, the AP has been prioritized. Until last month, apparently, when the system decided to use my non-expiring pass days and my AP at the same time (the non-expiring pass isn't a park hopper and we hopped every single day). So I had to spend 45 minutes on hold last week to get the non-expiring pass restored to my account.

Back to the preview. Is it okay to talk about what we'd do if we get in, or just stick to details of the preview itself? I'm curious about what everyone's priorities would be if they got to experience the preview.

I'm convinced their IT department consists of two people hunkered down in a bunker somewhere subsisting entirely on Mountain Dew and funions. I have one of those old non-expiring passes and an AP. For the last 18 months, the AP has been prioritized. Until last month, apparently, when the system decided to use my non-expiring pass days and my AP at the same time (the non-expiring pass isn't a park hopper and we hopped every single day). So I had to spend 45 minutes on hold last week to get the non-expiring pass restored to my account.

Back to the preview. Is it okay to talk about what we'd do if we get in, or just stick to details of the preview itself? I'm curious about what everyone's priorities would be if they got to experience the preview.
yes, assuming the previews will be limited in time it would be good to plan it out, if they do something similar to the CM previews where you have to pick the experiences you want to do

So my boyfriend is the biggest Star Wars fan so I wanna take him to make a lightsaber. That's all he talks about lol. I would definitely go there first.

So my boyfriend is the biggest Star Wars fan so I wanna take him to make a lightsaber. That's all he talks about lol. I would definitely go there first.

I promised my son, who doesn't have an AP, a droid, so I'd definitely have to head there at some point. I read a review of Oga's that cracked me up - it seemed a bit of a let down because instead of being filled with interesting people and creatures from all over the galaxy, it was just packed with tourists.

My son wants a lightsaber, good thing he has an AP and will be be my plus one if I can get a preview spot. Might build a droid, but I will be back in November.

My strategy may depend on if I can sign up both my wife AND son (both under my own MDE account). The "and a guest" wording is concerning still (and an unknown).

But mainly I personally what want to use the preview to experience (in this order)
1) Ride Smuggler's Run with a much lower wait (because I would need to Rider Swap so my wife can go on it while I watch the 2yo)
2) Build a lightsaber or droid (whatever the boy wants) .. and maybe do the other NEXT trip
3) Experience the food (buy a roaster, blue milk, a coke bottle, etc.)
4) Shop the other stores
5) Be able to just wander the land and experience it and check out easter eggs (and the app interactions) with little crowds.

Don't have interest in the Cantina, since I should be going with little kids, but if I end up going sans kids .. that will probably be higher up on the list.

This would let me experience the land with a more relaxed way during a "normal' trip in October -- just hit what was missed last time, get different food and maybe hit the ride again (if lines are short).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter