Annual Passes ??

SteveS

Mouseketeer
We have been going to WDW once or twice a year for the past 20 years. We have seen everything and done everything many times. Lately on our 2 week Spring trip we don't spend much time at the parks. When we do it is a full day and often multiple parks.

This year we are thinking of a different plan. Since we have 3 trips in the next year, we want to consider AP. With an AP we would probably not spend full days but spend more late afternoon and evenings.

I would like to hear some thoughts from individuals that have tried the AP and what their experiences have been.

Thanks

::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

I have really enjoyed having an AP. It takes the pressure off. I don't feel like I have to stay at the parks for a full day just because I have the ticket. I come and go as I please and don't feel guilty about leaving early or just stopping by the parks for an hour or two. For what you're talking about, I think the AP is perfect!

I completely agree with Piglette on this, we have been doing the annual passes for years and love the freedom to come and go and not worry about burning a day for just a couple of hours.

Thanks for this thread. I have been thinking about doing APs this year, too. Like Piglet said, I think feeling free to come and go everyday rather than pack in park days and then have total off days sounds much nicer.

Got to love AP's, neverthink about entering a park, even if only for an hour. I have walked over to Epcot, just to catch Illuminations for 45 minutes or so.

The break even point is about 8 days of entrances into the parks.
We get them every year and they are wonderful.
Sometimes, we only go into the parks at night for Illuminations or Spectromagic-without feeling like we have to be there all day.
Also, the hotel discounts, when we aren't at a DVC property are pretty substantial.
We recommend them highly.

As a DVC member I haven't considered the Resort Discount. What discounts are available to AP holders?

Steve,
If you go to resorts board you can probably find a thread on AP discounts.

While discounts are availalbe they are not guanteed and Disney has actually made them harder to get this year and given a lot less lead time. I personally don't mind, but some people seem a little upset.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter