Annual Passes

MudQueen22

DIS Veteran
I've read that the annual passes give annual pass holders discounts on resort reservations. If one person in our party gets an annual pass, could we get a discount on our reservation that is already made for July? If so, how much would the discount be?

I'm trying to see if this might be worth it.
We have 7 park days scheduled, plus a few character meals.

If you go to the special offers site on the WDW site, https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/?type=room-offer,package-offer,other-offer, you can see what AP discounts have been released. It looks like they have only released out through June 30. You can also find the information on Mousesavers: https://www.mousesavers.com/walt-di...disney-world-resort-hotel-discounts-codes/#ap.

Once an AP discount is released, if you have the AP already attached to your MDE, you can log into your reservation and try to adjust if there is availability under that discount for your stay. If you do not have the AP yet, you would call in on the normal reservation and check with them to see what the discount would be, if available. They can then apply the discount and you would need to have your AP purchased and on your MDE account within 24 hours of check in. (At least the 24 hours is what I have been told).

I do not currently have an AP so I am not sure what kind of discounts have been released lately, but my guess would be 10-15%.

Last edited:
I'll add a couple of other comments.

Only 1 person in the party needs to have the AP to be able to book the discount rate.

You will need to stalk the AP discount site. HERE The rooms for these are generally limited and get swiped up pretty quick, but I have generally found some great deals (better than the regular seasonal open to everyone discounts) or some good offers at times when there are not any public offers.

j

I'll add a couple of other comments.

Only 1 person in the party needs to have the AP to be able to book the discount rate.

You will need to stalk the AP discount site. HERE The rooms for these are generally limited and get swiped up pretty quick, but I have generally found some great deals (better than the regular seasonal open to everyone discounts) or some good offers at times when there are not any public offers.

j

But spending money on an AP to save money you need to be making more than a single trip. Come on, what is the AP now, $ 1500 bucks, and again, never good for campsites. Now we may get one next year, but then we will possibly be doing 2 or 3 trips in that time.

But spending money on an AP to save money you need to be making more than a single trip. Come on, what is the AP now, $ 1500 bucks, and again, never good for campsites. Now we may get one next year, but then we will possibly be doing 2 or 3 trips in that time.
Good points. The Platinum Pass is $952.11 this year. I made a little calculator to figure where the break even point was. If trip 1 is a full 10 days, you break even on day 2 of a second trip. That doesn't count the 20% off on merchandise and some restaurants. We did 3 trips to the world in the year we had our APs (September 17 to September 18) Two of those trips were staying at the Fort with the 3rd at ASSp on an AP discount. Total of 27 days. The passes more than paid for themselves, especially if you factor in the merchandise savings (2 Dooney purses and a Dooney wallet (same price as a purse) and a few ties for me)

We may get APs again when we go in Oct 20 for the DIS meet. Although DW is talking about going to Europe for a couple of weeks in 2021 for our 40th anniversary.

j

Good points. The Platinum Pass is $952.11 this year. I made a little calculator to figure where the break even point was. If trip 1 is a full 10 days, you break even on day 2 of a second trip. That doesn't count the 20% off on merchandise and some restaurants. We did 3 trips to the world in the year we had our APs (September 17 to September 18) Two of those trips were staying at the Fort with the 3rd at ASSp on an AP discount. Total of 27 days. The passes more than paid for themselves, especially if you factor in the merchandise savings (2 Dooney purses and a Dooney wallet (same price as a purse) and a few ties for me)

We may get APs again when we go in Oct 20 for the DIS meet. Although DW is talking about going to Europe for a couple of weeks in 2021 for our 40th anniversary.

j

We have talked about APs to coincide with the 2020 Dis Meet, but also trying to plan a trip to Europe that year. Have a friend in Germany that we can stay with, but would like to take the DW and travel some also. I was in France, Switzerland, Italy, Belgium, Holland and Austria many years ago.

You answered my main question, Teamubr. I was considering a platinum pass for my husband only if it would get us enough of a discount on our campsite. If it doesn't, then it is of no savings to us.
We are getting the memory maker, but that and the sit down meals we have would not get us any savings with AP. We'll stick to what we have.
Thanks so much for responses.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter