Annual Passes Resume April 13 (DVC) April 20 (General Public)

I would be fascinated to know if the AP limits are a hard number like they insinuate or if they’re actually kinda dynamic where they make sure the folks who want one get one & then ”sell out” to keep the FOMO alive.
This comes up when you go to the page now, not sure if they had it from the beginning:

"We anticipate a pass or select passes may become unavailable for purchase later today. Continue to check here for updates."

Do they tend to be in line with the current Disney discount offers as far as which dates are included? Or do they just have a standard discount all the time? Because checking September dates that discount is awesome but when I check like November they seem to be their normal prices.
These rates are independent time wise from the Disney discounts. They seem to come and go. I always keep checking because sometimes they will appear suddenly, when they weren’t offered before for the same dates I was checking.

because of the resort and parking fees, when I look at Swolphin rates, I mentally add $75 to the daily rate in order to compare fairly to nearby Disney resort hotel rates. Even with that, rates are usually so much better at Swan/Dolphin/Swan Reserve.
There's an actual box you can tick on the Bonvoy site to include the fees when showing rates. I never have a car so idk if it includes the parking.

Do they tend to be in line with the current Disney discount offers as far as which dates are included? Or do they just have a standard discount all the time? Because checking September dates that discount is awesome but when I check like November they seem to be their normal prices.
It depends. They have a tendency to line up, but Swolphin mostly does their own thing based on their own occupancy. It's a good idea to check periodically. Also not every room type is always included. When I stay at Dolphin I always stay in the king rooms but I didn't see any under the AP rate for the dates I wanted which is why I checked the Swan.

Glad to see so many first-time (or first-time in awhile) passholders. I haven't had it for 24 hours and just booked a room at Coronado Springs in July at a 35% off AP discount!
Another silly question...how do you find the passholder discount when you look up the hotels on the site? Do you have to go to somewhere specific or does the system just recognize you're a passholder as long as you're signed in to MDE?

There's an actual box you can tick on the Bonvoy site to include the fees when showing rates. I never have a car so idk if it includes the parking.

It depends. They have a tendency to line up, but Swolphin mostly does their own thing based on their own occupancy. It's a good idea to check periodically. Also not every room type is always included. When I stay at Dolphin I always stay in the king rooms but I didn't see any under the AP rate for the dates I wanted which is why I checked the Swan.
I’ve checked that box; it includes fees AND taxes, but not parking. I don’t add in the taxes because Disney resort hotels don’t include taxes in the quoted daily rates. So, my ersatz adding of 75 makes it easier for me to compare apples to apples.

Can we please take the questions re: AP Resort discounts over to the Resorts board? Trying to keep this thread on track for those who are asking AP related questions for theme parks, obtaining an AP, etc.

Thanks!

Seems like the fervor is dying down.

I wonder how long they will keep pass sales open. Will it be a permanent thing? I wonder if they even know.

Even last night the cue line was quite short. I imagine they turned it off at 11 in case there were issues?

Two questions: Since this is the first AP since Genie+, can you purchase if you don’t have a reservation and are planning to go after 2?

Also, on Saturdays with no park reservation do you have to tap in at another park to then hop to MK?

Even last night the cue line was quite short. I imagine they turned it off at 11 in case there were issues?

I would guess they turned it off last night because once it's your turn, you only have 10 minutes without missing your opportunity and they wanted to let people sleep haha

I would guess they turned it off last night because once it's your turn, you only have 10 minutes without missing your opportunity and they wanted to let people sleep haha

That's what they did with the Disneyland queue so not really surprising.

I just checked for giggles and the queue is running less than a minute now.

how do you find the passholder discount when you look up the hotels on the site?
On laptop
1. Click on the Places to Stay tab.
2. Click on the View Special Items under the Featured Items section.
3. Scroll down to see the AP specials and select the one you want to see, you then will be directed to the sign-in page if you haven't done so.

Just to be clear here, iPhones aren't being left out. You can add your pass to your Apple Wallet as well.

Thank you @mmm_texas! I'm an iPhone person, so this is helpful. I figured out how to add my DVC card to my apple wallet a while ago. When I tried to do this with my AP, I wasn't able to. I even asked my DS (18) for help, and he couldn't figure it out either. So, I'm wondering if it needs to be activated before I can put it in my wallet?

Thank you @mmm_texas! I'm an iPhone person, so this is helpful. I figured out how to add my DVC card to my apple wallet a while ago. When I tried to do this with my AP, I wasn't able to. I even asked my DS (18) for help, and he couldn't figure it out either. So, I'm wondering if it needs to be activated before I can put it in my wallet?

Have you tried removing your old Disney MobileMagic Pass from the wallet and re-adding it? Or updating your WDW app?

My wallet shows DVC Y, ANNUAL, but my AP is activated. So if the above does not work, then your AP likely needs to be activated first.

@Lehuaann I'm so sorry I'm dumb. When I look at my apple wallet, I also see DVC Y, Annual. Does the "annual" refer to my AP? I'm new to DVC, and REALLY new to APs (I've owned my first AP since last Thursday!:P). If that's the case, then I guess I'm all set? If not, do I have to wait until I activate my AP to figure out how to add it to my apple wallet?

Thanks for helping an ignorant gal! :flower1:

@Lehuaann I'm so sorry I'm dumb. When I look at my apple wallet, I also see DVC Y, Annual. Does the "annual" refer to my AP? I'm new to DVC, and REALLY new to APs (I've owned my first AP since last Thursday!:P). If that's the case, then I guess I'm all set? If not, do I have to wait until I activate my AP to figure out how to add it to my apple wallet?

When I go into my wallet and and click on the little "i" for info, it says my affiliation is "ANNUAL", so I think you're all set! 👍

Yep, you are good :)

DVC Y means you qualify for Membership Magic.

Edited to add for newbies to MobileMagic discounts:

For AP, you can use either your AP card + ID or MobileMagic Pass for discounts.

For DVC direct/grandfathered members, you must use your MobileMagic Pass for discounts. They need to see DVC Y

Last edited:
Yep, you are good :)

DVC Y means you qualify for Membership Magic.

Edited to add for newbies to MobileMagic discounts:

For AP, you can use either your AP card + ID or MobileMagic Pass for discounts.

For DVC, you must use your MobileMagic Pass for discounts. They need to see DVC Y
Ooh! I didn’t realize they had specific AP MagicMobile cards. That would be much more convenient that going into the app for me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter