• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Annual Passes Anytime Soon

I’m not disagreeing they shouldn’t suspend ap I’m saying if they suspend it they need to reflect that in the language of the closing documents. How long do you feel they should be able to continue falsely advertising a benefit they aren’t currently offering? Can this continue for 10 years? Can they make up other benefits with no intention to offer and just say “subject to change” when people try to get the benefit? Where do you draw the line between saying it’s okay becuse it’s unprecedented times? For me over a year is no longer an excuse. They need to offer the benefit or change language to accurately reflect what’s being offered.

The way I see it though is that it is still a benefit for DVC members but suspended due to the pandemic, The program itself has not been discontinued.

It may be semantics, but to me saying it’s gone is not accurate either. It’d be the same to say that all the language regarding spa or dining discounts at closed places need to be changed too because I cant get those either.

Personally, I think the fact that it hasn’t been removed is a good indication that DPEP will be reinstating APs as soon as they can.

Disney is not advertising that some previous passholders can purchase a recovery AP. Looking back, some people on here knew this info in January. I just found out about it a couple weeks ago. It seems there are people in this thread who might be in this group and do not realize it.

I assume this is because there is still a lot of uncertainty and they do not want to flood the system with too many AP yet. So they have not opened it up to new APs at this time. However given that they are selling some APs I would expect them to open up more options in the future.

People saying they are going to sell their DVC because they can’t buy an AP right now seems short sighted.

They did send out emails last year to AP holders about the recovery offer. I think, however, it’s possible not all AP holders actually got emails letting them know as I read quite a few posts from people who say they don’t always get them all the time.

I wrote a letter to Terri Shultz as well months ago. She replied. After hearing how it was a Ticketing Dept decision, not DVC, I also wrote on the AP comment section in the VIP AP part of the website. I got a reply for that as well.

I'm using my DVC purchase in the way that it is so frequently defended regarding extras. My family is doing resort only stays and saving the money we would spend on park tickets for APs, with the exception of the 3-day tickets that I bought for us last fall that we'll will use in Oct. However, I did splurge and buy us APs at another FL theme park that we'll go to during our Disney resort only stays. Our trip in July will make the 3rd resort only stay since Sept. 2020. Disappointed that we'll miss Boo Bash, but eventually we'll go to a ticketed event...once we're AP owners.

They did send out emails last year to AP holders about the recovery offer. I think, however, it’s possible not all AP holders actually got emails letting them know as I read quite a few posts from people who say they don’t always get them all the time.
So I searched my email. The last Passholder email I got was the one saying they got my request for a refund in Aug of 2020.

A better argument might have been that with the price of admission to parks being prohibitive without AP, we will now be using our DVC just as a hotel room while we visit and spend money at other area attractions.

I would add and less likely to add on more points since its not as convenient to other things in central Florida that you will be doing instead.

Personally, I think the fact that it hasn’t been removed is a good indication that DPEP will be reinstating APs as soon as they can.

Ya thats what I think as well. It will be coming back the thing that sucks is that people want to travel this summer and people need to book parks for this fall.

Maybe when Disney makes a decision on when it will come back they will pre-release the pass to buy and book your parks.

That could be a nice cash grab for Disney right before fiscal year end. They could offer a "presales" for a limited time from like Sept 1-30 and then not sell it again until APs start on Jan 1st or whatever the date is that it would activate.

I am following this thread as I too was wondering about buying APs with the former DVC discount.

DVC does not owe us anything more than as a previous poster said, "a comfortable room"

But my feeling is the original poster was not looking for anything more than DVC/WDW to recognize its loyal customers.

I am a business owner myself, and have a very loyal customer who has kept our business going through the last 25 years. I dont give away the farm as any good business owner cant, if you won't to keep the doors open! But I also recognize them being for loyal to us, so I do offer help when I can financially to keep relations good. Its a 2 way street.

To me, when DVC offers incentives like % off of APs, or discounted tours, etc., it shows me they feel we are an important part of their success, so in turn they give us incentives, perks and the like to show their gratitude. It works both ways IMO. Lets be real, if it weren't for us, DVCers, and more importantly, Paying Customers, they wouldn't exist. I have to remind myself of that from time to time when things are going really good to not get to haughty, not get too big for my britches as the saying goes. I need the customers and in turn they need me. WDW and DVC are no different. Lets not forget they need us too!

I disagree. No code here. It takes very little savvy to distinguish between entitlement vs asking for something.

The OP was entitlement. I ask for deals all the time, but understanding I’m not entitled to anything.
Perhaps reread the OP.

Nah I see these claims all the time across various boards I am good.

I don’t see what it hurts to start revealing an AP plan for DVC. It seems like they are going to do it. Why not just get in front of it and let people know? Instead, they keep people guessing and wondering.

A right to substitute is not a "promise" to substitute, especially if no substantially equivalent substitute is available. If you think you have a case, why not contact the Florida Timeshare department? That doesn't require a lawyer or a court case.

I agree with everything you’ve said so far. We were never guaranteed discounts on an AP nor an AP at all and 2020 was, well, it goes without saying. My only frustration was the lack of communication, but I finally received the answer after reaching out.

I don’t see what it hurts to start revealing an AP plan for DVC. It seems like they are going to do it. Why not just get in front of it and let people know? Instead, they keep people guessing and wondering.

The key is that DVC owners are no more or less important as a group than any other WDW guest no matter how much some believe we should be.

Any plans for the return of APs would be part of a larger plan for the program.

DVD has no say in the decisions of when DPeP will decide to sell again. I am sure they have given input but beyond that, they aren’t in charge of it.

Just like FL residents and cash paying guests are waiting for info, we are no different since all the decisions come from the same people.

Thwy were suspended due to Covid and capacity. We know that for sure. We also know things are improving that more people are being allowed in.

So the barriers for not selling last year are going away but not gone yet

Of course, there could always be a different idea or program brewing..I don’t think so personally..that is holding up selling them again.

As I have stated before, if we don’t see sales by 2022, then I’ll admit it’s no longer pandemic related.

The key is that DVC owners are no more or less important as a group than any other WDW guest no matter how much some believe we should be.

Any plans for the return of APs would be part of a larger plan for the program.

DVD has no say in the decisions of when DPeP will decide to sell again. I am sure they have given input but beyond that, they aren’t in charge of it.

Just like FL residents and cash paying guests are waiting for info, we are no different since all the decisions come from the same people.

Thwy were suspended due to Covid and capacity. We know that for sure. We also know things are improving that more people are being allowed in.

So the barriers for not selling last year are going away but not gone yet

Of course, there could always be a different idea or program brewing..I don’t think so personally..that is holding up selling them again.

As I have stated before, if we don’t see sales by 2022, then I’ll admit it’s no longer pandemic related.

Yeah, that’s part of the rub is they never talk about APs coming back as a result of COVID vaccination efforts or as a business decision. I think COVID was an excuse to do what they’ve been wanting to do with APs in Anaheim for years. In Orlando, I hope suspension was just due to COVID.

Yeah, that’s part of the rub is they never talk about APs coming back as a result of COVID vaccination efforts or as a business decision. I think COVID was an excuse to do what they’ve been wanting to do with APs in Anaheim for years. In Orlando, I hope suspension was just due to COVID.

From my sources, that was definitely the reason and capacity limits. There are many FL AP holders who are not happy with the company that they were limited to just 3 at a time since they didn’t do onsite stays.

It was one of the reasons they came out with the refund offer to stem those complaints Since people bought with the promise of unlimited,

The language of APs changed when the recovery offer came out to in effect that there could be times of limited access. So now, everyone buying under that offer is going in with those terms,

The fact that they continue to offer new APs…even if it is only to people who had them at closure…and are allowing renewals…implies that the AP for WDW is not going anywhere.

But, I would not be surprised to see that same 3 park reservation limit kept.

I think you're missing a very important point... DVC resorts closed, and points could not be redeemed. By the time they re-opened, pre-vaccine, many trips that had been scheduled had been cancelled both during the closure period and afterwards. Disney extensively used DVC rooms for their cash guests (essentially for free, under breakage rules) in lieu of opening all of their resorts. Now that vaccines are ubiquitous, DVC members are trying to use their points. Many of us have a whole year of banked points from 2020, which means multiple trips or longer trips. The AP is the key to whether that second trip or those extra days get spent at WDW or elsewhere.

In my personal case, I have an October trip and a March trip scheduled, each for 10 or 11 days. The cost of day passes for one of those trips was almost the cost of an AP. If AP's don't open up or I can't apply what I paid for the day tickets towards the AP, I'm going to stay at my DVC resort, but go to Universal for every day of the second trip.

Possibly because they don't know what AP's are going to look like moving forward.

I think you're missing a very important point... DVC resorts closed, and points could not be redeemed. By the time they re-opened, pre-vaccine, many trips that had been scheduled had been cancelled both during the closure period and afterwards. Disney extensively used DVC rooms for their cash guests (essentially for free, under breakage rules) in lieu of opening all of their resorts. Now that vaccines are ubiquitous, DVC members are trying to use their points. Many of us have a whole year of banked points from 2020, which means multiple trips or longer trips. The AP is the key to whether that second trip or those extra days get spent at WDW or elsewhere.

In my personal case, I have an October trip and a March trip scheduled, each for 10 or 11 days. The cost of day passes for one of those trips was almost the cost of an AP. If AP's don't open up or I can't apply what I paid for the day tickets towards the AP, I'm going to stay at my DVC resort, but go to Universal for every day of the second trip.

I guess this is why I see it differently because one doesn’t have anything to to with the other in terms of ticketing selling APs to DVC and not others.

Having to use points and how one goes into the parks is different. Running into this with my son and family who dont have the APs. So, the potential August trip to use up my extra points will be only 2 park days instead of more since they hope to go back next April and with no AP, they are not going to pay a family of 4 cost for more than that in multiday tickets.

Just my opinion, of course!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter