Annual Pass - Worth It?

CanadaDisney05

DIS Veteran
My wife, infant son, and I will be travelling to Disney World this summer. Currently we are booked for a 9 night stay from August 14th to the 23rd at the Caribbean Beach Resort - Standard Room with the Canadian discounted tickets 9 day tickets, discounted room rate, and the $75 gift card promotion. I am trying to determine if it is worth it to upgrade one of my tickets to an annual pass. My savings so far are:

$169 - Memory Maker
$~$110 in food using the annual pass holders discounts
$______ Annual passholder room rate discount

The hard part to figure out is what my package will cost if I were an annual passholder and bought one full price ticket for my wife. Does anyone have any idea how I can see these numbers? When I try clicking through the promotions page, I can't see the prices without purchasing the annual pass.

People on here don't usually share that info. I just see people getting told not to count on or factor in room discounts when deciding on a pass.

It sounds like you already have a pretty good deal, so unless you know you are going back within a year it might not be worth it.

I feel you though, trying to make a similar decision. Waiting until the 45th anniversary bonuses end to see what savings are assured into 2018. You will be traveling during that promotion though, so you may be able to eke out enough benefits to make it worth it.

If you've already booked a package, you'd have to cancel it to apply a room only AP discount. That might make ticket prices increase for you.

I'd suggest calling and acting as though you have an AP and want to check rates/promotions for your dates. It looks like there is a 30-35% off AP RO available for stays during your dates, but I have no idea what the exclusions or blackouts are.

Hope you get your answers!

There really isn't a way to see the #s without an annual pass that I know of.

I tried a room only passholder reservation for your dates since I am a passholder and the only room available at the Carribean beach resort with the passholder rate is the Standard Pirate Theme room which is more expensive than a standard room. The discounted rate is $176.73 Average per night, total room only is $1,789.43 USD a night.

You may have to change your hotel to get the best passholder rate. You can stay at All Star Sports for as little as $98 a night with a pass during those dates. So it just depends on your priorities, savings or specific resorts.

My wife, infant son, and I will be travelling to Disney World this summer. Currently we are booked for a 9 night stay from August 14th to the 23rd at the Caribbean Beach Resort - Standard Room with the Canadian discounted tickets 9 day tickets, discounted room rate, and the $75 gift card promotion. I am trying to determine if it is worth it to upgrade one of my tickets to an annual pass. My savings so far are:

$169 - Memory Maker
$~$110 in food using the annual pass holders discounts
$______ Annual passholder room rate discount

The hard part to figure out is what my package will cost if I were an annual passholder and bought one full price ticket for my wife. Does anyone have any idea how I can see these numbers? When I try clicking through the promotions page, I can't see the prices without purchasing the annual pass.

Are you saying above that you already have a discounted room rate? Or some kind of package deal with tickets?

People on here don't usually share that info. I just see people getting told not to count on or factor in room discounts when deciding on a pass.

It sounds like you already have a pretty good deal, so unless you know you are going back within a year it might not be worth it.

I feel you though, trying to make a similar decision. Waiting until the 45th anniversary bonuses end to see what savings are assured into 2018. You will be traveling during that promotion though, so you may be able to eke out enough benefits to make it worth it.

If you've already booked a package, you'd have to cancel it to apply a room only AP discount. That might make ticket prices increase for you.

I'd suggest calling and acting as though you have an AP and want to check rates/promotions for your dates. It looks like there is a 30-35% off AP RO available for stays during your dates, but I have no idea what the exclusions or blackouts are.

Hope you get your answers!

I'm an AP holder. To the above post, I'd just say that you don't need to act like you're an AP holder for the CMs to give you the price and availability information. There is no requirement to have an AP when you book; you just need to have it when you stay. The CMs should happily check pricing for the OP. It does sound to me, however, that they probably have a good Canada resident deal.

Living a few hrs away from the parks it is worth it for me. I also get a Florida rate and we don't need to fly, just get a hotel.

Very seldom do they offer AP discounts for CBR and if there is a discount it usually is on the pirate rooms with are more expensive rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!