Annual pass reservations before renewal

stephk1981

DIS Veteran
We have AP's but out of our family of 4, we all have different renewal dates. We have a hotel stay over Thanksgiving, but since one of our passes doesn't expire until a week before that. I can't make park reservations for all of us. I know you can renew 60 days before, but some days are already blocked out at HS....is there anything we can do about this or we just have to wait. I'm afraid by September 20 when I can renew at 60 days prior we still won't get in to any parks by that point. Are there any options? Thank you!

I was able to renew my DVC Gold AP right now and ours don't expire until Oct 13, 2021 - and our trip is March 2022 - I just called the DVC folks, not the AP folks, and they worked their magic behind the scenes and they gladly took our money!

Now, when I look in my MDE, there are our current APs and then renewals that we'll activate in March!

I was able to renew my DVC Gold AP right now and ours don't expire until Oct 13, 2021 - and our trip is March 2022 - I just called the DVC folks, not the AP folks, and they worked their magic behind the scenes and they gladly took our money!

Now, when I look in my MDE, there are our current APs and then renewals that we'll activate in March!
Thank you!

We have AP's but out of our family of 4, we all have different renewal dates. We have a hotel stay over Thanksgiving, but since one of our passes doesn't expire until a week before that. I can't make park reservations for all of us. I know you can renew 60 days before, but some days are already blocked out at HS....is there anything we can do about this or we just have to wait. I'm afraid by September 20 when I can renew at 60 days prior we still won't get in to any parks by that point. Are there any options? Thank you!
Other posters (non-DVC members) have reported here that they called the Passholder line (407-939-7277) and were able to purchase a renewal early because they had a Disney resort reservation for the relevant dates.

Other posters (non-DVC members) have reported here that they called the Passholder line (407-939-7277) and were able to purchase a renewal early because they had a Disney resort reservation for the relevant dates.

I am having the same issue! Cast member just told me they are simply unable to renew my pass earlier than 60 days out. We expire in July and are trying to book a November trip. She is transferring me to the Passholder line, but assured me I will get the same answer from them.

I am having the same issue! Cast member just told me they are simply unable to renew my pass earlier than 60 days out. We expire in July and are trying to book a November trip. She is transferring me to the Passholder line, but assured me I will get the same answer from them.
Unfortunately, their policies may have changed, but I hope they haven't and that you're allowed to renew early!

Unfortunately, their policies may have changed, but I hope they haven't and that you're allowed to renew early!

Nope, same answer from the Passholder line. They refuse to do it. Given anniversary and Ratatouille ride will be in full swing for Nov, plus the end of Food and Wine, I feel I'll be lucky to get park reservations once I am able to renew. As folks get vaccinated and COVID fatigue, many resorts were already booked for when we want to go, so I expect the park reservations to follow. Very disappointed that we may end up cancelling.

Thank you!

do you have a resort reservation on site? That seems to be the way to get it done.

Yes, we do. I mentioned it, and was basically told great, then I have 2 pools of park reservations to pull from if it fills up before we can make our reservations. But even tomorrow, there is AK, so there should be no problem. Gee, thanks.

do you have a resort reservation on site? That seems to be the way to get it done.

This time we were told to go ahead and purchase the tickets. Then when it's time to renew our AP, keep calling until someone allows us to apply the credit against our AP cost. We can also try guest relations at DS, as they are more likely to grant this without trouble.

Just updating anyone who is having the same problem, they were not able to renew before the 60 days......yes, we have reservations at BWI.

Just updating anyone who is having the same problem, they were not able to renew before the 60 days......yes, we have reservations at BWI.

Our passes expire mid-May, but we have May and Oct trips planned. Staying onsite with our DVC points. I called DVC member services in January to ask about it and determine the earliest I could renew — and they offered to do it right then. Maybe I just got a helpful CM, but they didn’t have any hesitation.

I hope you all have good luck with this going forward.

Our passes expire mid-May, but we have May and Oct trips planned. Staying onsite with our DVC points. I called DVC member services in January to ask about it and determine the earliest I could renew — and they offered to do it right then. Maybe I just got a helpful CM, but they didn’t have any hesitation.

I hope you all have good luck with this going forward.
Thank you! So glad you were able to renew yours. I tried DVC MS first, they were a no also. I feel like it is luck of the draw on what CM is helping you. I may try at ticketing at one of the parks in the ne t couple of weeks if I have a chance....never hurts to ask! Have a good trip

My AP didn't expire until September and I have a trip planned for October staying on-site with a valid resort reservation and I wanted to make park reservations. You can't do that unless you have a valid ticket. The soonest I would be able to renew and make park reservations was early July.

I called and tried to renew early and was told no, they couldn't do early renewals. I asked if he could check into it and see if someone else knew how to do early renewals as I had read on a board it could be done. Well, this somewhat long-winded story has a happy ending!

While I was not able to renew early, the CM supervisor was able to extend my expiration date to cover my October trip! I was able to make park reservations and I can renew 60 days before my new expiration date in November.

I hope this helps someone that may be in the same boat I was in on their AP renewal. I just did this on Friday 6/11 so it's current info.

I called and tried to renew early and was told no, they couldn't do early renewals. I asked if he could check into it and see if someone else knew how to do early renewals as I had read on a board it could be done...
While I was not able to renew early, the CM supervisor was able to extend my expiration date to cover my October trip! I was able to make park reservations and I can renew 60 days before my new expiration date in November.
Since Disney makes the rules, they can rewrite them when they want to.
Congrats!

I have the same issue, but my AP expires next year in April and I have a stay booked for May. I will have to call and see if they can extend my expiration to cover it and will do my renewal when I am able.

This time we were told to go ahead and purchase the tickets. Then when it's time to renew our AP, keep calling until someone allows us to apply the credit against our AP cost. We can also try guest relations at DS, as they are more likely to grant this without trouble.

I did the same thing for a Thanksgiving trip. I will find out in August, when my AP expires, how easy it is to transfer the cost of the tickets to the renewal cost. I hope I don't have to do this every frickin year for 3 APs :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter