Annual Pass Question

Bumbleink

Mouseketeer
Hi

Just wondered if any of the UK members have found the AP and all the discounts is more ecomomical than the Ultimate 21 day passes. We will be at Disney for 3 wks in July 2010 and i am trying (without much success to do my maths). I know being DVC members we get a discount on the price of the AP but i was also looking at the Tables in Wonderland against paying for the dining plan. So just wondered if anyone had used the AP for just a single trip and if so did you find you saved.

We will also be hiring boats a couple of times and always shop at the Disney Store DTD.

I bought an DVC discounted Annual Pass just before the prices went up and found that I broke even compared to the 14 Day Ultimate Ticket. I just went for the ordinary pass without the water parks. It will still be valid for my post cruise stay next year so for me this is really good value.

Corinna

When I did the maths for our 21 day trip it was worth buying the AP rather than a 21 day Ultimate as we stayed off-site and would have to pay $$ for parking :)

The cheapest 21 Day Ultimate for 2010 at the moment is:
Adult - £233.00
Child - £219.00

An Premium Annual Pass (the one that includes the water parks, DQ and mini golf) is:
Adult - £375.00
Child - £330.00 (this is based on an exchange rate of 1.65)

So if you were to buy the adult one the difference is £142.00.
I woud say that what you need to weigh up is whether you would gain £142.00 worth of savings whilst over there. Parking, for example, is $12 - which is about £7. You would need to do a Disney park every day for 20 days for that to pay off. There are other benefits of course, such as discount at DTD, so you would have to ask how much shopping you plan on doing. I think the discount is 10%.
So to take it a step further if you went to the parks for 10 days, then spent $700 in the World of Disney - theres your difference. Any other savings made on top of this would be money in your pocket.
We bought the Tables in Wonderland card as it was $60 and gave us 20% off our Disney meals in a lot more restaurants than the AP alone did. The way I saw it was that I was paying for my tips up front, so it saved me a lot in that respect.
I don't know if you are thinking of getting an AP for every one of your group, or just one of you so that you can take advantage of the benefits. If it were just one I would consider getting the childs ticket, as even though the difference in price is only £110.00 it would take less time for you to get your money back.

You've got to make a total saving of about £100 (with DVC AP). We're getting an AP this year because we are going again in May '10. Next year, when we renew, we will go in October '10 and then September '11, so that the two holidays co-inside with the expiry dates of next year's AP. Is there any chance you will be going again within the next year, or again next year but prior to the expiry date?

Basically, is there any chance you can get another holiday out of the AP? If you can, then definitely get it!

If it were just one I would consider getting the childs ticket, as even though the difference in price is only £110.00 it would take less time for you to get your money back.

Do you still get the free parking on a childs AP? I don't know if I have read that right?:confused3

Do you still get the free parking on a childs AP? I don't know if I have read that right?:confused3

To be honest I dont know. I have just had a quick look on the AP website and it says that parking is included with the standard and premium passes. It gives prices for both adult and child but doesnt specify if parking is included in the adult pass only.

To be honest I dont know. I have just had a quick look on the AP website and it says that parking is included with the standard and premium passes. It gives prices for both adult and child but doesnt specify if parking is included in the adult pass only.

Hmm may have to call Disney tonight then and find out! I will report back accordingly! :)

Thanks everyone.

I am just in a pickle, maths isn't my strongest point so i want to make sure i get it right. I need to be sure with the discounts with AP and TIW that it will work out better than buying the Dining Plan.

Unfortunately our children are over age so they don't qualify for child prices.

Tried to average out the food and how much we spend at DTD etc but just ended up confusing myself. We are staying onsite at AKV so parking will be free but i know there will be boat hire and T shirts etc etc.

I don't think there will be much chance of another trip within the 12 months so i know i have to think about that too. Will only buy 1 AP to cover the 4 of us so that's not so bad.

Oh decisions decisions:confused3:confused3:confused3

If considering the TIW card then the AP holder has to be 21 and over due to it including alcohol discounts as far as I am aware, or at the very least has to be on an adult pass.

Claire ;)

Hi we were in TC last wk they quoted us £281 per adult ticket booking through keith prowse !!!
But an annual pass basic with DVC discount is $344+tax this is a lot cheaper isnt it we thought even if we went once this would still be cheaper !!! Am i getting this wrong !

Hi we were in TC last wk they quoted us £281 per adult ticket booking through keith prowse !!!
But an annual pass basic with DVC discount is $344+tax this is a lot cheaper isnt it we thought even if we went once this would still be cheaper !!! Am i getting this wrong !

That is cheaper than Keith Prowse yes - but those tickets aren't the cheapest available at the moment. Orlando Attractions have the 21 day ultimate for £233. In fact all of the companies in the list Here are much less than Keith Prowse.

That is cheaper than Keith Prowse yes - but those tickets aren't the cheapest available at the moment. Orlando Attractions have the 21 day ultimate for £233. In fact all of the companies in the list Here are much less than Keith Prowse.

WOW! Quiet a big difference compared to the Keith Prowse ones she quoted us ! Thankyou.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter