Annual pass holder dining discounts, blackout periods??

Buddy888

Earning My Ears
I'm trying to decide if I should buy a annual pass for just myself for our December (Christmas) trip this year with my family of 8. So that our whole group would get the APH discount for our table when we dine at a restaurant.

-Is the annual pass holder restaurant dining discounts valid year round, or is their certain blackout periods throughout the year during the peak seasons that restaurants will not accept the pass holder discount???

-Also if I purchase just the 1 Annual Pass for myself as the rest of the group will have regular 1 day park tickets. Will I be able to use my annual pass discount for my whole group of 8 at our table??

Thanks in advance for your help!

First, discounts can change at any time so if you get an AP, you'll need to read the fine print. Disney's web site does a good job of explaining the perks.
Not sure on black outs but in the past, there have been a few for major holidays. Again, I'd refer you to Disney's AP site.

Second - if you pay the bill for the entire table, then the whole check gets the discount. If not, then the discount will only apply to those items on the bill for whom you'd be paying for.

I think the AP discount is good for you and up to 3 guests when dining. There are no black out dates on most restaurants when using the AP. Tutto Italia and Via Napoli come to mind as having a few black out dates though. Check out the AP discount dining page for more info.

The 10% AP discount is good for the Passholder and up to 3 additional people. The discount covers food and non-alcoholic beverages. It does not cover alcohol. Not sure about blackout dates. I've heard they "may apply" but haven't found a list of restaurants and dates.

Something to consider if you plan to upgrade to AP is purchasing the TIW card for $150. First, it would cover your entire table and second, it's 20% discount and it includes alcohol too. The only downsize is that the bill can't be split, and, it has the following block out dates over Christmas: Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. Here is the fine print:
"The Tables in Wonderland discount is good for up to 10 people including the member, as long as everyone is on the same check, and the Tables in Wonderland member is paying the bill."

The 10% AP discount is good for the Passholder and up to 3 additional people. The discount covers food and non-alcoholic beverages. It does not cover alcohol. Not sure about blackout dates. I've heard they "may apply" but haven't found a list of restaurants and dates.

Something to consider if you plan to upgrade to AP is purchasing the TIW card for $150. First, it would cover your entire table and second, it's 20% discount and it includes alcohol too. The only downsize is that the bill can't be split, and, it has the following block out dates over Christmas: Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. Here is the fine print:
"The Tables in Wonderland discount is good for up to 10 people including the member, as long as everyone is on the same check, and the Tables in Wonderland member is paying the bill."

I second this.

If you and your group like bottles of wine, for instance, the 20% off is quite nice.

The block out dates are why we didn't buy TIW for our trip over Christmas and New Years. They took the AP discount on all the holidays though.

Via Napoli didn’t give the AP discount on July 4. So they probably block most major holidays. We didn’t have any other blackout dates

thanks everyone for all the input, much appreciated. One thing i'm still not sure of is if the Annual pass holder 10% discount is valid for my whole table of 8, as long as i'm paying the full bill or if its only for up to 3 guests at the table?? Can anyone clarify on that?

thanks everyone for all the input, much appreciated. One thing i'm still not sure of is if the Annual pass holder 10% discount is valid for my whole table of 8, as long as i'm paying the full bill or if its only for up to 3 guests at the table?? Can anyone clarify on that?

AP dining discount is good only for you and up to 3 guests, with you paying the entire bill. 4 people total, including you.

In post 8 DisBuckMan linked the Passholder dining benefits page on the Disney World website. At the very end after the list of restaurants is the following:
Unless otherwise stated, discount excludes alcoholic beverages, applicable tax and gratuity, and is valid for the Passholder and up to three (3) Guests.

The only exception to "Passholder and up to three guests" that I saw was House of Blues Gospel Brunch allows Passholder and up to five guests.

Do annual pass holders get any sort of discounts for buying guest park tickets as well?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!