Annual dues via Disney gift cards

VWLforever

Earning My Ears
Anyone know if MS still limits the maximum number of gift cards used while paying dues to 3?

I’ve used GC to pay for dues before. Not sure if they limit the number of GC, but you can combine GC up to $1000 per card.

I have paid online using my GC and as mentioned you can combine them up to $1,000.

The limit is definitely higher than 3 GC's but how high it is I dont know.

Just added 15 gift cards online yesterday. Not sure there is a limit - it doesn’t say there is one - for the online system. I was going to combine all the gift cards together, but it seemed to be more work than just adding them one at a time to the dvc system.

With the gift card aggregator, you have to add the gift card number PLUS the other 6 digit code, then add them together and then delete out the used gift cards.

When adding directly onto the dvc site, you only enter the gift card number.

Each contract has a different bill/invoice associated with it. I paid for each contract separately (not one big single invoice) My largest contract has around 3,000 in MF. Last year when I paid it , each $1000 gift card was processed individually. After the $1000 was processed, I got a new updated invoice with the smaller amount due. Since you do not have to pay off the annual dues at once or in one transaction, I do not think there is any limit.

I haven't paid for dues yet with gift cards, so I'm curious why one can't also use the e-gift cards? I'm assuming the card numbers differ somehow from the physical plastic ones?

I haven't paid for dues yet with gift cards, so I'm curious why one can't also use the e-gift cards? I'm assuming the card numbers differ somehow from the physical plastic ones?
You can use the Disney e-gift cards. I have one that I used no issue. Also as far as I know the numbers do not change, as long as they are Disney (resort, cruise, Adventures, etc and not Disney Store) resort gift cards.

So, just to confirm. I can set up monthly debit, and then, throughout the year, go in and apply Disney gift cards, for part of the balance?

And, does this mean they won’t deduct that months pay,ent? Or, does it just reduce how many monthly payments aren’t left?
Thanks!

So, just to confirm. I can set up monthly debit, and then, throughout the year, go in and apply Disney gift cards, for part of the balance?

And, does this mean they won’t deduct that months pay,ent? Or, does it just reduce how many monthly payments aren’t left?
Thanks!
I haven't done this personally but it has been reported. If you do monthly then prepay the dues for that month with a GC it won't withdrawl any dues for the month from the auto debit account because you are carrying a credit or 0 balance.

I haven't done this personally but it has been reported. If you do monthly then prepay the dues for that month with a GC it won't withdrawl any dues for the month from the auto debit account because you are carrying a credit or 0 balance.

Good! I may chose to do that this year then!

Anyone know if MS still limits the maximum number of gift cards used while paying dues to 3?

You do it online now vs calling member accounting so there’s no limit like there used to be. It’s easy to combine small card amounts on the disneygiftcard website so I do that then pay on the DVC website.

Thanks!

I did this last year. If you pay the amount due for the month then it won’t do the automatic deduction for that month. And you can pay more than one month or the remaining amount anytime that you wish to,

You do it online now vs calling member accounting so there’s no limit like there used to be. It’s easy to combine small card amounts on the disneygiftcard website so I do that then pay on the DVC website.

Thanks Kat. In past years 3 aggregated gift cards would cover our dues, but we added on 200 at AKV this year so it will be a lot more to pay next month. The ability to do it online with however many cards I like is a plus for sure.

Thanks Kat. In past years 3 aggregated gift cards would cover our dues, but we added on 200 at AKV this year so it will be a lot more to pay next month. The ability to do it online with however many cards I like is a plus for sure.

It will take more than one online transaction though. And if the system is still operating like it did last year it can sometimes take a few minutes to update to the new balances. But if you have a large dues bill I think it still makes sense vs multiple calls.

Just added 15 gift cards online yesterday. Not sure there is a limit - it doesn’t say there is one - for the online system. I was going to combine all the gift cards together, but it seemed to be more work than just adding them one at a time to the dvc system.

With the gift card aggregator, you have to add the gift card number PLUS the other 6 digit code, then add them together and then delete out the used gift cards.

When adding directly onto the dvc site, you only enter the gift card number.
Where and how do you add gift cards online?

Where and how do you add gift cards online?
You can combine GC on the Disney Gift Card site (just Google it) up to $1000.00 per card. Then go to the DVC site to use the GC to pay for your dues. I think you have to enter an amount when you use GC. For example, if I have two $1000.00 GCs and my dues are $1500.00, I first pay $1000.00 with one GC and then $500 with the second. You have to specify the exact amount you are using from the GC.

You can use the Disney e-gift cards. I have one that I used no issue. Also as far as I know the numbers do not change, as long as they are Disney (resort, cruise, Adventures, etc and not Disney Store) resort gift cards.

Thank you, @crvetter! E-gift cards worked great (though, the system is rather temperamental) and I'm happy that I do not need to head to Target for the physical cards! You are awesome!

Just got my gift cards and will start to pay my MF.
I had to call to see what numbers to put in! OK!

Last edited:
Hmmm I can’t find the thread that shared pay online using contract option then put in Disney gift card number. Thanks for that info.

In the past I combined the cards and then I called and paid for 2 contacts. This year I did it all online. Easy peasy.

My friend got them for me at target for the 5% discount. And I performed the task while watching-Pirates of the Caribbean dead man’s curse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter