Announcing: The Midwest Meet in Marceline (MMM)

Agree with Joe (Tigger92662). Saturday will probably be busy with seeing Marceline, the museum, Walt's house and what ever is around the campground.

I hadn't thought about what evening we would have a formal get together. The Midwest meets have been fairly small and most of the weekend usually turns into a "gathering". I'm still trying to figure out when we will be come over. Right now, it looks like we may not be there until later evening. 7'ish? DW and I both have to work Friday. I have to see what I can rearrange to get out earlier, but it may not be until 3 or so that we can leave and it is a little over 3 hours to the state park.

DW is still debating if she is coming. Her good friend from elementary school lost her mom last year in the midst of Covid. They weren't able to have a service or anything last year. The are having a memorial service the Saturday of the meet. It is 50/50 if she stays back to do that instead. I'll be coming to Marceline regardless.

j

Last edited:
I'm fine without formalizing anything. I can bring a tuxedo or a tuxedo t shirt, either way. More of curiosity and thinking of things to put on the Sam's list or not, since we're going to have to hook the dogs up to the sled to go into town for groceries tomorrow or the next since we're almost out of food post vacation.

Since I'm driving in, my contribution to a pot luck will be whatever might be available at a take-out place or bakery.

Somebody just tell me what to bring.

ED

Seriously Ed, for the couple days we are there we will have you covered. Let us know if you want anything specific

I put in for Friday and Monday off. I should be there about 12ish on Friday. Not currently planning on leaving until Monday morning.

Current head count is now me and 2 kids. DW is committed elsewhere and swimming is falling apart.

I was able to move an in-person meeting I had that was scheduled from 2-3pm, but then someone put a 3:30 call on. I will probably take that call on the road. Hopefully I'll have a better idea at this time next week.

j

I was able to move an in-person meeting I had that was scheduled from 2-3pm, but then someone put a 3:30 call on. I will probably take that call on the road. Hopefully I'll have a better idea at this time next week.

j

You can claim "loss of signal" right before the call and forward the conf call info to me and I'll rep you Jim. I promise not to over-commit or under-deliver and we'll be off the call, I PROMISE, by 3:35pm. With no action items under your name.

What else are retirees for? :confused3

Bama Ed

PS - I speak big corp "Organeze" (the lingo of big Organizations). And the medical terms lean toward Latin, don't they? :rolleyes:

You wanna fly a plane for me for a week and I‘ll hit the triple M...?

I would if it were one of these little things ....

https://www.hondajet.com/en/Products/HondaJet

HondaJet_Ryabtsev.jpg

"ONLY" $5M. Small enough to land in my driveway (almost). Your corp planes are probably bigger but these are 'cute'.

ED

PS - I'm attending ALL the DISMeets that I can WHILE I can, 4077.

I promise not to over-commit or under-deliver and we'll be off the call, I PROMISE, by 3:35pm. With no action items under your name.
And the medical terms lean toward Latin, don't they? :rolleyes:
My 3:30 is on a frozen section project we have been trying to get across the finish line. Good thing is, you don't have to know what a frozen section is, you just have to get the Pathology department to finish their piece and commit to a go-live date.
My headcount is for sure 3. District Swimming trip blew up for the swim team, so DD is coming along.
Sorry to hear for DD. I'm sure she is disappointed, but glad we get to meet more of the family. My niece, who just turned 10, will be coming along. Might be somebody to play with.

j

Exploring the Long Branch SP website. I see there is a swimming beach (as of July 12 closed for flooding...assume that it will recede shortly). My kids are for sure bringing swim attire if anyone else bringing kiddos is thinking the same.

We're also bringing fishing gear too.

Exploring the Long Branch SP website. I see there is a swimming beach (as of July 12 closed for flooding...assume that it will recede shortly). My kids are for sure bringing swim attire if anyone else bringing kiddos is thinking the same.
Glad you looked that up. It looks like it will be hot enough. I always have the kayaks in the MH, but don't usually bring a swimming suit. I didn't know how much time we would spend at the museum and stuff in town. I don't think it is a full day's worth. If it in the mid 90s, the lake will feel good.

j

Gang,

Also, if you didn't remember our sites are only 50A. I don't know about you, but I don't like travelling with full fresh tanks (1 I don't have great faith that the tank is secured all that well and 2 my tank is located at the absolute rear of my trailer so when it's full it adds a lot of sway to the ride. Solid design). There is a water bib just up the street from our sites. My plan is to top of there before jamming it in the site. Our sites below in red, water bib circled in blue. tigger92662 might be able to hit it with enough hose from his site.

I usually fill my fresh water up before we leave home. I don't have to worry about it. I can carry enough for at least 4-5 days. The 800 extra lbs isn't a big deal when you are already over 30k. I'm never sure what the local water will be like. Our home water isn't great either, but it's better than the Fort (Florida) water.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter