• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

anniversary with kids

jfis1020

Mrs. Preferred View
I've posted this question other places, but haven't gotten an idea I really like, nor can afford without getting caught! We always go to WDW over our anniversary. Three year old not potty trained, nor old enough for Harbour Club (we stay @ Boardwalk). In-room sitting.......not sure I want to do that. So, the ideas has to include two boys ages 8 and 5 and the princess at three! Any ideas for me to surprise my hubby. No Richard Petty ideas.......he despises car racing :( BTW - I'm new here, so go easy on me :crazy: :crazy:

Welcome to the boards!

One of the best things about WDW is that even their best resturants are child friendly. Try to get a PS for someplace extra special and then explain to the kids that this is a special treat and they have to behave like grown ups. Maybe try for the California Grill and time it with the fireworks. Or CRT and time it with the fireworks. Another idea would be to put the kids to bed and then order room service and eat on your balcony alone. Hope the kids are deep sleeper! LOL. Enjoy the magic with the kids and remember that too soon they grow up!

Jordan's mom

You could try Portabello Yacht Club at DD. We have 3 dd's, 8,8, and 5 and went there last year for dinner. The youngest was asleep in her stroller, no problem, pushed it up and under the table. They had kids menus, complete with pictures and crayons.

After dinner you could go to the Lego area and let the kids play, and you and DH could have "quiet" time for adult conversation - LOL. Well, you could at least try;)

Then, you could head back to BW, tuck the kiddies in, and enjoy a toast to your anniversary. Some posters have mentioned when they told a CM it was their anniversary that Disney has done something special. It's at least worth a try!

Not necessarily romantic but might be fun for the whole family.... how about the rehitching ceremony at Garden Grill? Another thought, San Angel Inn is a romantic atmosphere but can still keep kids entertained.

Palio's at the Dophin was very romantic and very "kid-friendly" when we went (go early.)
Also, if you have a balcony, try room service. You and your hubby can eat on the balcony and let the kids eat in front of the tv.
Room Service at WDW is fantastic.
Our solution is to bring the grandparents with us and put them at a nearby resort (NOT the same as you!)
Otherwise, I would recommend the In-Room babysitting.

We are planning lunch at the Kona Cafe for our 10th anniversary this year....with the kids. I also have one too little for the kids' clubs and am not at all comfortable with the in room sitting idea (and my dd wouldn't appreciate being left with a stranger either!).

Our real anniversary celebration at WDW will happen about 6 months late....when we bring my parents and leave the kids with them to do a MK tour and dinner at the California Grill!

Oh, hey, how about a Family Magic Tour? That could be fun!

It really doesn't matter where or what you do..just remember that your precious kids..helped you to get to this point in your marriage. Hope you ALL enjoy the together time as all of WDW is kid and "BIG KID" friendly!

DH and I just went to DW for our anniversary. We brought along the kids (5 and 7). One night we put them to bed and ordered drinks and appetizers from room service. We had a great time just enjoying the view from our balcony together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter