Anniversary Ideas

rfholcom

Earning My Ears
My husband and I will celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary this year. We are taking our kids, grandchildren and even our great-grandchild to Disney. This will probably be the only trip that includes everyone. I wanted to do a vow renewal, but it is just not worth it for the price it would be. As an alternative to a vow renewal, I am thinking about doing something special. I know with Covid, it is hard to know what will be available and what won't be, but trying to get ideas of something to do. The only thing I can come up with are the fireworks cruise and the dessert party. Does anyone have other ideas? Something that would be fun for all but also special.

Congratulations!

Those are both great ideas!
We did the fireworks cruise for my 50th. We first all had Dinner at 'Ohana's then the boat launched from The Polynesian Dock making it a quick walk over. It was a special night, we only had two grandchildren then and they loved it.

Do you know what resort you're staying at?

What are the kids ages?
Splitsville is in Disney Springs, you could have a bowling night.
Also a few mini golf courses around the property.

If you wanted to look at a vow renewal, you could look into Paddlefish, gorgeous views and I think it's under $1000 for just a ceremony. Maybe $800 and that includes some floral? I'm pretty sure they work through Just Marry.

Thank you for the ideas!!! We are staying at BLT so Polynesian is not far. I will definitely check into these ideas. Thank you!!

I think a dessert party with fireworks or a fireworks cruise would be very special! Hopefully fireworks will be up and running sometime soon! We also love California Grill... for our wedding we had the Napa Room which is part of California Grill and watched fireworks from there :)

I think a dessert party with fireworks or a fireworks cruise would be very special! Hopefully fireworks will be up and running sometime soon! We also love California Grill... for our wedding we had the Napa Room which is part of California Grill and watched fireworks from there :)

I was going to suggest the same! We did a dessert party for our wedding in Epcot and it was so much fun!

My recommendation is make sure you have photopass and then do the $50 add on Capture your Moment. We did this in Feb for our 30th anniversary and it was wonderful having a dedicated photographer who know all the best places to get pics without crowds in the background. I would also recommend the Photopass studio in Disney Springs. They do both traditional studio and magic background shots at no additional cost to your regular photopass. For me, pictures are the best souvenirs and will bring happy memories every time you see them. I'm a genealogist too so documentation of events is always important to me.

Hi! I know it's been a month, but I wanted to chime in. We are celebrating my parents' 50th (16 months late!) at WDW in January 2022. We are booking a lunch for 20+ of us at Paddlefish. I don't know how many are in your group, but once you reach X amount (I can't remember, but I think it's 15 or 20) it becomes an Event and there's a $5000 minimum. So, we booked lunch at Paddlefish instead - $1500 minimum, and we get to use the private room and deck on the 3rd floor. Because we're finishing before 3:30, the deck will be ours (not open to the public until 5), which works great for us. We've never been to WDW before, so we've never eaten at Paddlefish, but so far they've been great to work with and the menu options they've given us are varied and look delicious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter