Animators Palate Question

missouridisneyfans

Mouseketeer
Doing some preliminary planning for our 1/3/04 cruise and I believe we will end up with the LAPLAPL rotation (we are 4 adults with no children). My question is I have heard they only do the "show" at the Animator's Palate the first night. That would mean we will be in Key West that evening. Any chance of them doing the show the 2nd night?

Not sure if they will do it again, but it is definitely worth making your dinner time for. Spectacular as the room transforms before your eyes!!:smooth:

On our cruise 5/31, they only did the show the first night. The 2nd night, the lights were on but it wasn't like the first night. I would definitely try to make the first time if at all possible.

I think once is all they ever do. Both times we were on the 7 day Magic, they only did the show once during the week.

They only do the "show" on your first rotation through Animator's Palate.

I believe that if animator's is your first dining rotation then you get to see the show the last night as well, but I am not sure. I was kind of disappointed in the show, I think I was expecting too much...:(

Originally posted by missouridisneyfans
Doing some preliminary planning for our 1/3/04 cruise and I believe we will end up with the LAPLAPL rotation (we are 4 adults with no children). My question is I have heard they only do the "show" at the Animator's Palate the first night. That would mean we will be in Key West that evening. Any chance of them doing the show the 2nd night?

They will only do it on your first night. On the other nights they will show cartoons on the screens but still run the soundtrack (lightly) from the first night. So there is something to see, but nothing that compares to the light show of the first night.

We were 4 adults and asked to be put on the PLAPLAP rotation (which is the young children's rotation). Our request was granted and we enjoyed it because we were in Parrot Cay for Key West (including character breakfast that morning) and Mexicali night. We were in Lumiere for Semi-formal and Formal night (though we spent Semi-Formal at Palo).

AP is my least favorite restaurant - no windows and low ceilings. The show is okay - first time was magical, now DS barely notices it.

If you are having a good time with your family, I certainly wouldn't rush back to see the AP show.

Rae

Second night sounds like a Palo's night, eh Rae?

Jim

PS: Rae, do they serve Shrimp in Palo's, 'cause I'm not very tall.

Hey....were on the same cruise. We will be flying in the day before and staying at the Airport Hyatt for transfer the next morning to the port. We will be flying from Seattle. We are two adults cruising, no kids.

Now, I believe we had that rotation in January when we cruised. Animators will be your second night and that is formal night and they will NOT do the show on formal night. But on your next rotation you will be able to see the show in all its glory if I remember correctly. We are on second seating, which I like the best.

I have never done the Western Caribbean before so I am looking forward to it. The ship will go into dry-dock this fall and I have heard some changes will be made, but have not been able to verify that. Have you cruise with DCL before?

Jim, I dinna know you were one of the wee folk?!!
Sure and they be serving our kind there - but not on the platters!

; )

Rae (Irish/Russian and ALL American)

Rae,

In Ireland I'm not short (about 5' 6)........ but my wife is 5' 9" (and she's the sortest inour family. Her brothers are 6'3 & 6'4

Our DD's are taking after that side (Out Damn Scot!) and DD 15 passed me two years ago and is 5' 8 already.

I still tell Rieann I only married her so I could get the lightbulbs changed.

Originally posted by Favorite Auntie
I believe that if animator's is your first dining rotation then you get to see the show the last night as well, but I am not sure. I was kind of disappointed in the show, I think I was expecting too much...:(

That was our rotation... we only got the show the 1st night.

Good evening Jim.

In Ireland I'm not short (about 5' 6)........ but my wife is 5' 9" (and she's the sortest inour family.

I'll leave "sortest" alone.

If the adorable Rieann is the shortest in your family, then that makes you taller than 5'9" - or are your calculations based upon "the new math?"...

BD - we Irish have our own math system. Ever see an Irishman drink?!

Enuf' said!

Rae

BD:

That is a result of not hitting preview reply instead of submit reply.

I meant to say :

She is the shortest in her family.

But if that is what I meant, the question arises: Is she in my family or her family? Or is our family her family.

It is her birth family, i.e. the one she was born into.

I have to be careful....

Jim

Rae has it right. She loves her shrimp.

So Does Rieann, so I am told.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter