Animation Experience at AK

Does anyone know if there will end up being a set schedule? So if you wanted to draw Simba you would know which time slot to try for? I love doing this every trip at AoA but always wish we could know ahead of time which character to make sure it's not one we have already done

Does anyone know if there will end up being a set schedule? So if you wanted to draw Simba you would know which time slot to try for? I love doing this every trip at AoA but always wish we could know ahead of time which character to make sure it's not one we have already done
Moved you to the current thread.

We were there at the 11:30 show on the first day doing Simba as well with a FP. It took a long time to get out on the train (we were on the one that stopped as well) and it was terrible trying to get back. Long lines...they overfilled the train and we had to wait longer. All in all it took us 3 hours round trip which included 15 minutes of petting zoo and 15 min of shopping. I guess they had a lot of new CM's, but it seems like there was only 1 CM who knew what he was doing with the station and when we returned, he was driving the train.

We bought a frame for our drawings and put them in the frame and then they shipped it to the front of the park for us to pick up before we left. That part worked out really nice. The whole train there and back left much to be desired and I'm not sure I would do it again as it took a ton of our park time out of our day.

Can you get there now in an ecv? I'm very interested in doing this,activity?
The train is accessible:
Accessibility
May Remain in Wheelchair/ECV
Handheld Captioning
Assistive Listening
Guest Policies
  • Supervise children at all times.
    Children under age 7 years must be accompanied by a person age 14 years or older.
  • Travel aboard a rustic, slow-moving train to Rafiki's Planet Watch to observe the backstage operations of Disney's Animal Kingdom and learn about animal conservation.

In the past they would give you a cardboard folder and you could put them into your backpack and they wouldn't get wrinkled. maybe get a folder that will fit into your backpack inside pocket.

Ok, strategy, based on reports: would you get an am FOP and the 2nd fp, and leave animation for later, like around 3 - 4 pm? Maybe try for the last fp time?

We were there at the 11:30 show on the first day doing Simba as well with a FP. It took a long time to get out on the train (we were on the one that stopped as well) and it was terrible trying to get back. Long lines...they overfilled the train and we had to wait longer. All in all it took us 3 hours round trip which included 15 minutes of petting zoo and 15 min of shopping. I guess they had a lot of new CM's, but it seems like there was only 1 CM who knew what he was doing with the station and when we returned, he was driving the train.

We bought a frame for our drawings and put them in the frame and then they shipped it to the front of the park for us to pick up before we left. That part worked out really nice. The whole train there and back left much to be desired and I'm not sure I would do it again as it took a ton of our park time out of our day.

Oh dear. 3 hours isn't going to happen. I was really looking forward to this - we had a blast drawing Olaf years ago.

Ok, strategy, based on reports: would you get an am FOP and the 2nd fp, and leave animation for later, like around 3 - 4 pm? Maybe try for the last fp time?
I think using FP#3 for an attraction, where its use will save you the greater amount of time, is better than using a FP for the Animation Experience. With 175 seats, you won’t have a problem being seated in the class of your choice.

I think using FP#3 for an attraction, where its use will save you the greater amount of time, is better than using a FP for the Animation Experience. With 175 seats, you won’t have a problem being seated in the class of your choice.
Thank you! I will probably do that. Unfortunately for me, DH considers AK a half day park anyway, so even if it takes 3 hours (which may be worst case scenario) that will get us to the evening.

The sheets are 12.5 inches by 10.5 inches. The day we were there (the opening day) they gave us elastics so we could roll them.

Thanks!

In the past they would give you a cardboard folder and you could put them into your backpack and they wouldn't get wrinkled. maybe get a folder that will fit into your backpack inside pocket.

Oh, great idea!

3 hours - that's crazy! I hope the kinks will be worked out soon. I guess I will make sure it's one of the last things we do.

What about the pigs that used to paint in the show "It Started With a Mouse"? Are they available in the petting area? Do they paint?

I did this Sat for the 10am seating. The said train would take us there at 9:39 but it was closer to 9:40 before it showed. We checked in and drew the hyena from LK. When we were done I went back to the train as I had a FP for safari.

What about the pigs that used to paint in the show "It Started With a Mouse"? Are they available in the petting area? Do they paint?
We were there on July 20 and the pigs were in the pen with the alpaca, not in the main petting area yet. The cm said pigs are still getting used to being near so many people again after the petting zoo being closed for so many months, but would eventually be put back into the main petting area.
We did pet the pigs when they came close to the fence. Watch out for the spitting alpaca!:-)423404

So, is it all Lion King characters right now? Hopefully that will be expanded. We like a variety of characters. We really missed the Animation Academy at DHS. We love doing it at DLR. I could sit in there all day drawing the different characters. If I was local and had an AP, I probably would take a day and do that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter