Animals And Creatures Seen In Wdw

I didnt snap a pic but last April I saw a very larger soft shell turtle in the pond at Epcot nearest to the aquarium. probably as big as a hub cap- good size for a soft shell. I also have some duckling pictures somewhere from April of 06

We've seen them! They're so cute! I wonder how the staff feels about them though?

I think if they (the feral cats) were a problem, it wouldn't be too difficult to have them caught and removed.

I'm thinking (hoping) they are just sort of considered more "wildlife" at the Poly.

Its interesting to note that at Disneyland, very early on, the Castle was just a shell.
Inside the "shell," over time, many feral cats moved right in.

Mr. Disney (Walt was still very much involved with the park) finally decided to build a "token attraction" (walk-thru) inside the castle (so many guests wanted to go inside,) so they had to capture all of those cats and get them out of the park.

Walt (as the story goes) made sure the cats (the first residents of a Disney Castle) were not harmed.

animalkingdom004.jpg

The ever present AK vultures

When we stayed at ASMO in 2001 there were snails everywhere! We really had to watch where we walked cause they were all over the pathways. When other people who weren't as careful would walk by you could hear crunching! Yuck.

There's an assortment of "wild" house cats that live near and visit the outside dining patio area of Capt. Cook's CS restaurant at the Poly.

They come cautiously out from under the low plants to see what guests may be having for snacks.

I didn't get any photos of them, but there are several different colors of cats who frequent the area.
Here they are. They're adorable (but then I'm a cat-lover):
DSCF0489.jpg

DSCF0488.jpg

Love bug :)
HlpP4rPrYx.jpg

Duck swimming in front of Cinderella's Castle
y1pIOhQP21ZyJe7fKP6MtEgn0-juRZgHh5Jo7pTBWZsPx-qx43YX3ubiOSccpwQJAI5ZnTFzbLwfU_83tI8xKi8fw

Crow near Ray's Starlight Cafe
y1pIOhQP21ZyJf-7t7v2QDEfQJGMYnp9XNBZ_9Lj6DynyeMcciONt73A-W5SGT9WNq1Or5tfMFUnyOVVrxRPY__bw

we stayed at CSR this past Sept. My dh when out one morning to get coffee..when he came through the door he was white as a ghost..apparently on his way back he crossed paths with an armidillo (sp?) He was totally freaked out because, as he put it, 'the things nails were clicking on the concrete':scared1: We are from NE so clearly we are not exactly familiar with these critters..
. I can totally see my dh pinned against the wall letting it go by..:rotfl:

I would like to start a thread showing pictures of the various animals, bugs, etc
that people have come across at WDW at the resorts and the parks.

BRING THEM ON
Boy, this thread was meant for me! I'm always taking pictures of the birds, animals, etc. that I encounter at WDW. These are a few from one trip-
Common Moorhen at DHS-
DSCF0510.jpg

The many Ibis's by Casey's Corner
DSCF0472.jpg

Seagull at MK-
DSCF0471.jpg

Unfortunately, I could never get a picture of the Cooper's Hawk I saw every morning at BCV, but I've got lots of others from other trips.

I don't have any pictures but we also saw a turtle in the river a POR. I've also seen Armadillo along the side of the road on the way to FW and also a family of raccoons crossing the street one morning. We have also seen so many deer along the side of the roadways in WDW that we are sure that Disney plants them there as decor! Just have a look under the monorail lines in the morning and at dusk.

These guys were swimming in the water behind the Dawa bar at AK

47b7ce34b3127ccebd91bc4bf88700000026100QctGbRuyZsY

This cute little brown bunny was waiting for us at Pop after we got back from MVMCP in Dec 2006. He was like our own little greeting committee as we walked back to our room around 1:00 a.m. How did he know we were hoping to see a bunny on our trip?

PC210448.jpg

This cute little bunny greets me everyday when I get home! (Sorry - I couldn't post a bunny picture without including one of my own little fluffheads!):)

boys2004012.jpg

You can always count on these guys to be hanging around Frontierland!

47b8dc25b3127cceb4e7abc8062c00000026100AaNW7dmzaOWLA

I let DD8 use the camera this trip, and we now have seven thousand pictures of those damn birds.

I know it's a repeat bird.......but loved the backdrop for photos.

DSCF0165.jpg

DSCF0168.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!