Animals And Creatures Seen In Wdw

Hubby took this pic in Tomorrowland, or possibly in Fantasyland on the way to Tomorrowland. No idea what kind of bird this is. The bird ID sites keep telling me cowbird, but it looks a lot more graceful than any cowbird I've ever seen. Maybe it's the prettified Disney version. :p

IMG_4801.JPG

Hubby took this pic in Tomorrowland, or possibly in Fantasyland on the way to Tomorrowland. No idea what kind of bird this is. The bird ID sites keep telling me cowbird, but it looks a lot more graceful than any cowbird I've ever seen. Maybe it's the prettified Disney version. :p

IMG_4801.JPG
I'm a birder, and that looks like a female common grackle. Not sure, since I'm more accustomed to seeing the great-tailed grackle in our area, but the female grackles tend to be slimmer and are more brownish tinged than the larger male grackles people are used to seeing.

In the lake at CSR
e350a1d0-214d-4d24-b912-2eef109a1ebb_zps93817540.jpg

Mooching peanuts at the Off Kilter stage in Epcot
b8efcf23-b4e2-4971-9819-f8b2a2d3235c_zps65218249.jpg

Sitting on the dock of the bay at CSR
DSC_0444_zpse40e7e3c.jpg

Painting the roof
ibis2-1.jpg

the female grackles tend to be slimmer and are more brownish tinged than the larger male grackles people are used to seeing.

That's a possibility. I was thinking grackles had yellow eyes, but google tells me they have darker eyes when young. Surprisingly shiny for a youngin', though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter