animal towel

Do you take the animal towels from WDW resorts?

• Yes

• Will never do that

• Never thought about it

• Hm.... I may now

Results are only viewable after voting.

Catlover

Earning My Ears
Are we allowed to take the animal towels from the resorts at WDW? I have never done that because I thought they were there for looks.
Thanks
Linda:)

I don't see how I could possibly get it home without destroying it.

I believe that is stealing. How could anyone do it. I think it would make the cost of cleaning the rooms for those who are DWD vacation club members go up.

DISers in other forums (for example, the Resorts board) have posted that when they ask, Mousekeeping says to take them! But I agree - how would you get them home in good condition?

I posted this same poll a few months ago. A few disers responded that the towels used for the towel animals are actually towels that have been taken out of the rotation for various reasons. They said that they are to be taken or reused.

We brought ours home this month and they travelled well in our suitcase.

Thanks for helping me with this question on the animal towels. It has helped me. My ears are open for more info. on the resorts. Thanks

No. I know things are costly at WDW. If you have anything to say about any of the Resorts that would be cooool. I just thought you could keep me informed better. I have only been to WDW 3 times so you probably know more stuff. :-) Thanks

No. I know things are costly at WDW. If you have anything to say about any of the Resorts that would be cooool. I just thought you could keep me informed better. I have only been to WDW 3 times so you probably know more stuff. :-) Thanks

The best tip IMO is to read everything on these boards you possibly can. If you haven't already, check out the tips and resort boards, you will not believe how much you can learn!

Last year was the first time that I had taken the towel toys home. This was after checking with the CMs. Both at the front desk and the Mousekeeping. I put them in my luggage between the gallon sized zip loc bags with our clothes in them and they traveled quite well.

I took a small one after the housekeeper said it was ok. I know others have their own opinions on it being stealing but since they do not work for Disney and the housekeeper does guess who I'm listening to? It traveled fine since it was a small one and I brought it back with us on our last trip offsite. The kids were surprised to see a towel animal on their bed.

We're talking about the towel animals that Mousekeeping sometimes makes and leaves for guests, correct?

If so, yes, I take them.

Don't forget that some towel animals have things like eyes glued to them, so there is an example of a towel that can no longer be used and one that Mousekeeping would not care if the guests took it home.

I took ours to, we only had one on our stay. It kept it's shape in the suitcase.

IN Feb my SIL asked the manager when they were checking out and he told them of course they were welcome to take them...the maid had made them for them. She brought home a rag doll that I had never seen before and it held up very well on the trip back home. It now sits with her collection of dolls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter