Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios - Adults

Des2

Earning My Ears
We will be at the parks for three days. We are planning on MK, Epcot, and trying to decide between AK and Hollywood Studios. It is my husband and myself and our three college age kids. Three in the group have already been to all four. Suggestions which the majority of us will prefer. We are going the week of Christmas. I know . . . very crowded. Is is possible to do these two in one day this time of year? That is what we did last time when the kids were young. ANIMAL KINGDOM OR HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS if we have to choose? Thank you.

We will be at the parks for three days. We are planning on MK, Epcot, and trying to decide between AK and Hollywood Studios. It is my husband and myself and our three college age kids. Three in the group have already been to all four. Suggestions which the majority of us will prefer. We are going the week of Christmas. I know . . . very crowded. Is is possible to do these two in one day this time of year? That is what we did last time when the kids were young. ANIMAL KINGDOM OR HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS if we have to choose? Thank you.

I recommend Hollywood Studios because you have film attractions and at the end of the day Fantasmic which is such a great show. You can compare it with MK fireshow. Animal Kingdom is a little bored only if you are really passioned of animals you Will enjoy it. One good poibt for AK is Avatar attraction.

Personally, I would do AK. Pandora is amazing. Everest is a great coaster. Legend of the Lion King is one of, if not the best show at WDW, Safari is always fun.
HS is fun, and RnRC and ToT is fun. Not sure how much your kids would enjoy TSL.
Once SWGE opens, the recommendation may change, but currently we enjoy AK much more than HS.

If you are going the week of Christmas, the Holiday vibe at Hollywood Studios is better than Animal Kingdom.

That will completely depend on what your interests are. HS has the best coaster (IMO) in all of WDW, RnR. It also has fun Toy Story stuff, ToT, overall good shows and tons of Star Wars stuff, if you're into that. AK has the best show on property, Festival of the Lion King (again, IMO), has the safari...which is unique and fun, and still has a few really fun rides (EE, Dinosaur, FoP). There are also the walking trails, and a wonderful street party vibe at night. Which one sounds more interesting to you?

Yes, you can do both in one day, even at Xmas time.

Personally I'd pic AK, it's just such a beautiful park to walk around in.
If you wanted to split I'd RD FOP, hit KS and EE and do both shows, have lunch in Pandora, then head to HS and use my fastpasses there. That way you can see the better of the night time shows

For DW and I the choice would be the AK. For me, FoP is the best ride on site. The Safari is always fun. The Lion King is the best show on site. We are animal lovers so the wandering trails are favorites for us. We also prefer the lush jungle theming of the AK over the in transition theming of HS.

That said, I agree that you could do a split visit. Be early to rope drop to the AK, ride FoP, catch a few other favorites, and then hop over to DHS as the Studio will have later activities.

AK and FOP is the difference maker. The best attraction in WDW. However, if you do get park hoppers, it would be great to RD FOP, NRJ, do the Safari and EE and then hop over to DHS around 1pm. That'd be a heck of a fun day.

So, assuming you have park hoppers, I have what may be a radical idea. Day one: get to MK at rope drop and do as much as you can until Noon or 12:30. Then go to either AK or DHS. Day two: since yesterday was a lot, sleep in a little and go to EPCOT around 11:00am or so. Day three: again hit MK at rope drop and do what you didn't do on day one, then leave to go to AK or DHS, whichever one you didn't do on your first day. IMO, a lot can be done at rope drop in MK in those 2 or 3 hours before the park gets Uber crowded.

For me, AK for sure, and it used to be the park we would skip!

You'll easily be able to make a full day of it. Pandora at night is amazing and even though it's not a life changing firework display, the Tree of Life Awakenings is nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter