• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Animal Kingdom Meal Deal ?????

Laura's Dad

DIS Veteran
I read on Mousesavers that the Animal Kingdom was offering a deal on a meal, coke or water, and popcorn or ice cream for $11 for adults and $6 for kids. It also said that this was on a trial basis through 5/30/02. Two questions: 1.Has anybody used this? 2. Is it going to be continued? Any help would be appreciated.

Dh and I did this when we were there a couple weeks ago. We thought it was a good deal -- we figured it essentially made the pop/water free. We had lunch at Pizzafari (dh had pizza & a bucket o'Coke, I had a chicken salad w/bucket o'Coke), then we got ice cream in Asia, and then pop for the road on our way out of the park.

We're planning on doing it again in Oct. with ds if they still offer it. :)

I am not sure if they will continue this. It is a great deal though!
We ate at Tusker House( chicken fingers and potato wedges w/ large lemondaes) and got powerade/ bottled water and double scoop ice cream cones at DInoBites. Well worth it !

This sounds like a good deal. I hope it's still going on when get there.

Do you have to purchase a "Meal Deal" voucher somewhere or do you just purchase the "Meal Deal" at which ever counter service you order your food at?

Thanks~:D

We used the meal deal at AKL and it worked great for us. You can purchase them right at the counter where you will be eating. I did not know this and walked all the way back to guest services to purchase for my family. LOL.

Be informed that the children's voucher can only be used for the "kid meals". This was not a good option for us as the children were tired of the mac'n'cheese route. I purchased an additional adult voucher for my two children to split an adult meal. We used ours at Flame Tree and saved a good bit!:cool:

Also, we waited to use ours at dinner and had originally wanted to try Tusker House but they closed early that day. Flame Tree was really good though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter