Animal Kingdom (Kidani resort) couch beds?

The chair bed is much more comfortable than the couch bed as it’s thicker foam with less bars. My kids always argue who gets the chair bed and they are big teenagers now, don’t have experience myself sleeping on them.

The chair bed is much more comfortable than the couch bed as it’s thicker foam with less bars. My kids always argue who gets the chair bed and they are big teenagers now, don’t have experience myself sleeping on them.
I'm debating whether my teenage son (now 15) will be more comfortable on the pull-out couch or chair bed. It would be so nice if they replaced the sofa beds with murphy beds sooner, rather than later, but I think we are going to be waiting a while.

Has anyone used the couch beds for adults? how comfy are they?
My 20 year old and 17 year old sons both preferred the chair bed to the pull out couch and the air bed. It has better cushioning and support than the other two. It is not as good as a real bed, but perfectly fine for a healthy, normal size adult. I would image it would be different if the adult were obese or had some physical impairment like arthritis or spine issues.

I never sleep on the pull out couch but I did at AKV last year and it was rough. I was actually inebriated which meant I should have been able to sleep on anything. I only made it half the night before I crawled back into the master with my DW. I don't know if all DVC resorts are the same, but Kidani is not comfortable. To be honest I'd rather just sleep on the Kidani couch not pulled out.

My 20 year old and 17 year old sons both preferred the chair bed to the pull out couch and the air bed. It has better cushioning and support than the other two. It is not as good as a real bed, but perfectly fine for a healthy, normal size adult. I would image it would be different if the adult were obese or had some physical impairment like arthritis or spine issues.
Have you slept on it? Cause honestly I am not sure if you are FAT makes much of a difference. Its a mattress that is about three inches deep with four metal bars running under it.

Have you slept on it? Cause honestly I am not sure if you are FAT makes much of a difference. Its a mattress that is about three inches deep with four metal bars running under it.

Who knows? Someone will say that being fat might add some padding! LOL

I've "slept" on it... or "not slept" as the case may be.... ain't never heard anyone describe it as anything but torture.

It is pretty narrow - a large person would have difficulty fitting on it because the arms of the chair are still there. I am 5'8" 150 lbs and it was fine. My 6'3" 300 lbs husband did not fit on it width wise.

I napped on it, I thought it was OK. It is not as comfy as a regular bed, but perfectly passable.

I slept on it for 3 nights (one of which was pre-half-marathon) and was fine. And I was over 200 pounds at the time.

I was talking about the chair bed. My obese husband didn't fit on it because the arms are close to the sides of the bed.

I was talking about the chair bed. My obese husband didn't fit on it because the arms are close to the sides of the bed.
I agree. Size is more of an issue with the chair bed. I am very short so fit well and, though somewhat Pooh sized, found it quite comfy. I can definitely see where anyone who was tall or broad would probably have some issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter