Animal Kingdom at night and 9pm closing

HookedOnDCL1

Mouseketeer
We’re going the second week in July - our Animal Kingdom day is July 9 and the park closes at 9pm. Will it be dark enough to enjoy Animal Kingdom at night - tree of life lit up, etc? We have a ROL dinner package booked and the show is at 9pm. Will it be dark enough for the show? I’m disappointed and worried about this as when I booked it months ago I thought for sure they would extend the park hours in the summer.

We’re going the second week in July - our Animal Kingdom day is July 9 and the park closes at 9pm. Will it be dark enough to enjoy Animal Kingdom at night - tree of life lit up, etc? We have a ROL dinner package booked and the show is at 9pm. Will it be dark enough for the show? I’m disappointed and worried about this as when I booked it months ago I thought for sure they would extend the park hours in the summer.
Sunset is at 8:24 it will be completely dark around 8:35
You can see sunset times here
https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/usa/orlando?month=7

And after ROL,you "should" be able to pause at the Tree of Life as you are leaving the Park and enjoy The Awakenings-they "usually" do several Awakenings AFTER Park Close.

8:24, OK thanks! Doesn’t really give us a lot of time to enjoy the park at night before we have to head over to get our seats for the show. :(
Hopefully we can catch the tree maybe after like you suggested -thanks! Can we be slow-pokes at leaving, I wonder?

We were just there the first week of June and watched the 9pm ROL. It was dark enough enjoy.

Sunset is at 8:24 it will be completely dark around 8:35
Sorry, but that's not quite right.
Figure that it will take the sun another 25-35 minutes (depending on the date) to dip far enough below the horizon for the SKY to become "dark" (black enough to reveal most stars, etc.)

So, if sunset is at 8:24, it won't be "dark" until about 8:55.
(And, a 9PM RoL will be just fine.)

And after ROL,you "should" be able to pause at the Tree of Life as you are leaving the Park and enjoy The Awakenings-they "usually" do several Awakenings AFTER Park Close.
This.

There are 2 things worth enjoying in the dark at AK. Ride EE and walk through Pandora. An evening EMH might help with that.

We are always slow pokes! You can either take your time enjoying the park or rush to the exit and spend that time either waiting in line for buses or in line for car lot. We've always and will continue to be slow. Enjoy!!!

You probably don’t have this kind of flexibility this late, but if you do, other than that Monday and your Tuesday, AK is open until 10pm the rest of the week with 9pm and 10pm ROL shows. Might help you squeeze in more nighttime AK time if you have the flexibility to change things up.

You probably don’t have this kind of flexibility this late, but if you do, other than that Monday and your Tuesday, AK is open until 10pm the rest of the week with 9pm and 10pm ROL shows. Might help you squeeze in more nighttime AK time if you have the flexibility to change things up.

You've given me food for thought, so of course I went on the site and started changing stuff around. :D

Can't believe how much availability there is all around. Fingers crossed that means it's not too crazy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts