Angelrose's Journey

Oooh.... I’m in! I’ll read your TR later this evening! I know what you guys look like! So I’ll picture you in these places.

My friends I had a health scare on Friday that I want to warn you about. I was prescribed Lasix to get the swelling down on my legs. I had taken it for a few days when I started feeling shaky. By Friday I was having my yogurt and granola when all of a sudden I almost passed out from dizziness. Luckily Chuck was right there and asked what he could do. I managed to get out orange, and he quick brought me a SunnyD. I drank the whole thing and felt better. My legs were so weak that I had to get Chuck to follow me upstairs. When Karen came home she Googles the side affects of Lasix. I had all of them. Sweats, weak muscles, dizziness, and some confusion. Karen made me drink bottle after bottle of Gatorade. Karen had to actually help me into bed at 9 because I looked so exhausted. I'm still not 100% back but a lot better than yesterday. I am still drinking lots of Gatorade. Forget about driving, not for a few days yet.

So if you are prescribed Lasix, be aware of the side affects and stop taking it immediately if you have even one.

My friends I had a health scare on Friday that I want to warn you about. I was prescribed Lasix to get the swelling down on my legs. I had taken it for a few days when I started feeling shaky. By Friday I was having my yogurt and granola when all of a sudden I almost passed out from dizziness. Luckily Chuck was right there and asked what he could do. I managed to get out orange, and he quick brought me a SunnyD. I drank the whole thing and felt better. My legs were so weak that I had to get Chuck to follow me upstairs. When Karen came home she Googles the side affects of Lasix. I had all of them. Sweats, weak muscles, dizziness, and some confusion. Karen made me drink bottle after bottle of Gatorade. Karen had to actually help me into bed at 9 because I looked so exhausted. I'm still not 100% back but a lot better than yesterday. I am still drinking lots of Gatorade. Forget about driving, not for a few days yet.

So if you are prescribed Lasix, be aware of the side affects and stop taking it immediately if you have even one.

I’m so glad that Chuck and Karen were there to help you, and that you’re starting to feel better. Dehydration is no joke.

I hope you are feeling better already. Happy to know you are with Karen and Chuck and can look out for you and are there for you.

Know all about Lasix too well (this is the water pill, yes). My poor mom was on this/them for about 5 years (after her open heart surgery). We had to constantly adjust her dosage. She had to weigh herself each morning. Had to constantly check her ankles/feet and legs. Had to watch her fluid intake. Too much dosage/pills, no good, not enough dosage/pills, no good. She was on two different ones.

Definitely monitor any new medication you are put on and be aware of what you are eating/feeling, etc.

Hope you all have a Happy New Year's Eve, night, day, year and so on..........:)

Thank you sunshine1178 and AnnaS. My ankles are right back to where they were and I have trouble bending my right leg. This has always been my trouble leg after the hip surgery. It never did get back back to normal. I see a bunch of doctor's visits in my future.

I am so lucky that Chuck was home when this happened and Karen came home early that day. Thanks again for the advice AnnaS.

Happy New Year Angelrose and to all here !
That’s a troublesome and scary side effect to a diuretic , glad you’re ok now but hope they can get on top of the swelling. My BIL is having leg swelling woes as well..really having trouble getting around.
I wish for you to feel better and soon.
Hugs

Thank you Grumpy's Gal, macraven and minnie 56.

Well another first for me. I had a scare while driving this morning. I had trouble getting my leg up to brake. I was very shaky while driving. So I made the decision to give up my car keys. I couldn't live with myself with I hurt or killed someone because I couldn't brake in time.

Guess what about? LOL Chuck was very upset to have to tell me this but I told him I agreed and I know they are just looking out for me. They are going to get me a car service and about 4 or 5 of the neighbors said they would be glad to give me a ride anytime. Also, when the kids go to Disney in February they will have to get someone to stay with me during the day, just in case. Which I am grateful for, but hate giving them an added expense. You know it really sucks getting old and having medical issues. That was just in case you never would have thought of that on your own. LOL

You have the best son and daughter in law !

They love you and always there for you

You are a lucky ducky !

You will find it will be quite enjoyable to be the passenger and not the driver now

May I say you are one smart lady? Many times you hear and I know many who are not willing to give up the keys that easily. Kudos to you!!!

Sorry about all the new/medical issues - you are blessed to have such loving family and friends.

Enjoy the ride w/less stress.

I admire you for making such an unselfish decision. So glad that you and your family get along so well. Sometimes things don't always work out and hard feeling happen. You and your family are a wonderful example of love and respect for each other.

Thank you macraven. I know how blessed I am for having such a loving family. You all have no idea how much they do for me. They are very protective of me. I spilled some water filling my thermos and called myself a stupid old lady. Karen said I was no such thing and not to put myself down like that. She has done the same thing. LOL They won't let me do anything if they can do it for me. I am so lucky.

Thank you AnnaS. I had to take the car keys from my dad when he almost got us in a headon and then laughed about it. No more car for you! I don't want to be like that.

Thank you piglet50. I don't know what I did to deserve such a wonderful son and daughter in law. But I am so grateful for them.

Thank you snoopy two. LOL No stretch for me, more like a regular two door will be just perfect for me.

Sorry that you have had issues from the Lasix. one of the reasons you probably had those issues is that Your Potassium may have been low one of the things Lasix does is that it pulls Potassium out of your Body along with the extra fluid/"water" Docs usually tell people to try to get extra potassium in the diet (OJ or oranges, Bananas, Potatoes, cantaloupe, honeydew, apricots, grapefruit (some dried fruits-prunes, raisins), Cooked spinach and Broccoli, Mushrooms, etc. They might even give you a potassium pill to take.

Good for you for making the call to stop driving yourself. Sounds like you will have lots of people to help you.

Mary - just a thought: check your medical insurance and see if they provide any transportation to medical appts.
Sorry to hear you had such a scare. Those side affects are no joke.

I checked out your TR. You paint a lovely picture, even without the photos. You always have so much fun with your family.

Hang in there friend!

Thank you rndmr2. Yes I know my potassium level was in the basement. I have been eating more broccoli and spinach, and I do feel better but I am still so bloated. I'm going to my surgeon next Thursday for another issue and maybe she can help with this problem also.

Yes I do have so many people will to help me out. I am so lucky.

Thank you for reading my TR minniecarousel. I will definitely hang in there.

Just popping in to see how you're doing ...
I do Hope you're feeling better.
Wise to hang up your car keys, many should and don't and it's jut not worth it. I'm happy to know you have a great support system to help you get around, sit back and enjoy the ride!

Take care of you ❤️

Hi minnie56. I am doing about the same. I am going to the doctor tomorrow to see if she can help with the tumors where they are. Makes it difficult to sit and I am so tired of the bleeding. It's not much, just enough to be annoying. I get tired very easily now and going up the stairs is an adventure. LOL My Karen is always here to give me a laugh or two. I certainly need that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter