Angelrose's Journey

Thanks for the welcome minniecarousel. LOL I wish I didn't belong! I'm glad it went well for you too. But be sure to get that sleep apnea checked out.

I finished decorating the big living room this morning. I love going in there to just look at all the ornaments. It's such fun to open the boxes and remember when and where I got them. Ron used to love coming in there at night too with all the Christmas lights on.

Next week I will do the computer room and my bedroom. Then the only thing left is the tree. Whenever Chuck can come over and put it up for me. Might be after Thanksgiving this year.

Now for something fun to look forward to. Jesse's 10th birthday party on Sunday. It's going to be a Nerf gun party. Yes I will have a pink Nerf gun to use. He only invited boys with a couple of girls. I plan on giving as good as I get. For a short time only. Then I will retire to the house and read my Kindle away from the mayhem.

Happy 10th Birthday to Jesse!! Sounds like a lot of fun.

A slow/boring weekend for a change. Hubby went Upstate with my BIL to his hunting/cabin house. This morning/week back to the usual. Very busy week here.

I finished decorating the big living room this morning. I love going in there to just look at all the ornaments. It's such fun to open the boxes and remember when and where I got them. Ron used to love coming in there at night too with all the Christmas lights on.

Next week I will do the computer room and my bedroom. Then the only thing left is the tree. Whenever Chuck can come over and put it up for me. Might be after Thanksgiving this year.

I admire your time and patience for all the decorating you do. Here, I have always been a bit on the lazy side when it comes to decorating for the holidays. I do less and less. The little I used to do was because the kids were young - now I do a bit for the grandchildren :)

What a fun time we all had. You'd be amazed at how many adults were shooting those Nerf darts. I managed to hit Chuck, Karen and Jesse a few times. The down part was that they fired back. LOL There was one lady who would go right up to the person and shoot from about 6 inches away. She never missed! So much laughter and good food.

I went for the results this morning. It is cancer and I have to go to a oncologist on the 29th. My doctor said he wasn't worried and that it is very small and he was glad that I came when I did. He said depending on the oncologist diagnosis I will either get just a removal of the mass and a bit more around it, or if has spread, I will have to have my v removed. I have never heard of that and have no idea what that would entail. But I'm not going to worry about that just yet.

I'm getting ready to go and stay with the kids when they get off the bus until Karen and Chuck come home. Birthday dinner tonight.

Tomorrow I'm going back to decorating or cleaning, whatever I have the energy to do.

Thanks for the birthday wishes AnnS.

:daisy:Mary, I can't believe he's TEN years old already! I love your descriptions. It sounds like a blast!

I'm sorry it's cancer. We're all thankful you went to get it checked, that your dr said it's small and isn't worried. Do you have to travel far to see the oncologist?

I'm in pure amazement at your decorating. I remember you posted pictures a few years back. Just AMAZING! I'm thinking of you! Have a good day.

Mary - count me among those relieved that you went in when you did. I pray that it is small & is treatable. A very dear friend of mine is 62 & I’ve known her for 56 years! She is being treated for ovarian cancer, had surgery & is in chemo. She has maintained a wonderful sense of humor throughout the whole thing. I know you’ll handle whatever is thrown at you!

So glad that Jesse’s Birthday was a success!

I got an appointment for the 29th with a gynecological oncologist. Karen is taking me. It's a Cooper Hospital in Camden, NJ. It's about an hour away I think. Cooper is one of the best cancer hospitals in the area. That makes it easier. This is a rare cancer and it is easy to treat. I'm sure the doctor will want to examine me before talking about what they are going to do. It's just the waiting and not knowing that drives me crazy.

Tomorrow back to decorating to keep my mind off things!

Thank you Grumpy's Gal and minniecarousel. Your good wishes mean a lot.

I'm so sorry that the diagnosis was confirmed but glad that it sounds like it will be easy to treat. You continue to be in my prayers.

Glad your colonoscopy went well. I had one a few years ago due to an issue I was having at the time and the prep for that one was the big bottle of Miralax but I had to put it into 2 of the bigger bottles of Gatorade.

Glad you had fun at Jesse's party. A Nerf gun party sounds like fun, my nephews would love that!

That wonderful word with the "c". Know a little too much about it. Sorry to hear it was confirmed. Glad to hear it's small and treatable. This is good and positive. You are a trooper and everyone here will be coming along for this new chapter in your life/journey. Not knowing/waiting is always the hardest part. You will be in my prayers.

Thank you rndmr2 for you prayers.

Thank you AnnaS for your prayers and good wishes. I just learned today that the appointment I have with the oncologist will just be a consultation. Then she will schedule me for surgery. I just wish it was all over.

Karen told me her friend had the same rare cancer and she came out of it fine and is cancer free. I'm knocking wood that it will be the same for me.

What would I do without my Karen? She is always there for me and always makes me feel better. I am so blessed.

Oh Mary, I'm sorry about the diagnosis, but it sounds treatable. Your wonderful outlook will get you thru this with flying colors. You truly are blessed to have a wonderful family. Have fun decorating, this chapter will soon be behind you. 2018 is going to be GREAT!!! *HUGS*

Thank you snappyd. I'm trying to stay positive. I guess I'll feel better after the consultation with the oncologist. Well, maybe after the surgery. Then I can get on with my life. This year has been a difficult one for me with the two hip replacements and now this. I'm really trying to be strong. I'm going to just start thinking about our Disney trip next October. I do love planning in advance. After all it's only 326 days until our trip!

Thank you snappyd. I'm trying to stay positive. I guess I'll feel better after the consultation with the oncologist. Well, maybe after the surgery. Then I can get on with my life. This year has been a difficult one for me with the two hip replacements and now this. I'm really trying to be strong. I'm going to just start thinking about our Disney trip next October. I do love planning in advance. After all it's only 326 days until our trip!

Definitely think positive!! I would feel the same - want it over with and move on. Having a trip planned or in the works, will be a great distraction and something great to look forward to. When are you going? We will be there end of October. 11 of us so far........if my daughter can get away a few days, then 12...

Hi AnnaS. The dates we have planned start on October 8th. Still not 100% sure yet, but that's the plan. We love the Food and Wine festival. Last year it RAINED most of the days. That was the beginning of hurricane Matthew. Thankfully we were lucky and didn't get hit. There are some lovely pictures of me as a drowned rat that Karen took. She always find the most flattering pictures of me. One time she got a picture of me napping while they went to Tom Sawyer Island. She called my name to make sure I was still alive. LOL Now you see why I say they both torture me?

Angelrose, keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Just remember it is ok, you don't have to be strong 100% of the time, its ok to lean on others.

Oh thank you so much dazedx3. I appreciate that. I do have to lean on Chuck and Karen right now. They make me laugh and that helps.

We took our Christmas pictures on the beach this afternoon. OMG the wind was blowing 1,000 miles an hour. I had sand in my eyes, my hair and every other place you can imagine. But we did have fun and got some hilarious pictures. I will post them as soon as Karen gets them organized. We got done just in time before the rain came. Then Karen made us these delicious chicken strips and we all made sandwiches out of them.

I came home with all my stuff and quickly jumped in a nice hot shower. I took a look at the temperature and I couldn't believe it was 56. It felt more like 26 in that wind. I am finally warm and will sleep well tonight.

Hi AnnaS. The dates we have planned start on October 8th. Still not 100% sure yet, but that's the plan. We love the Food and Wine festival. Last year it RAINED most of the days. That was the beginning of hurricane Matthew. Thankfully we were lucky and didn't get hit. There are some lovely pictures of me as a drowned rat that Karen took. She always find the most flattering pictures of me. One time she got a picture of me napping while they went to Tom Sawyer Island. She called my name to make sure I was still alive. LOL Now you see why I say they both torture me?

I plan on booking on-line Thursday, Thanksgiving morning. We are going October 23 - 29. My son is hoping The Swan and Dolphin will have their F&W also. He made it once but has missed the dates all the other times. They announce their dates months from now but we are always booked by then. This will probably be his last year for a while since my granddaughter will be in pre-K in 2018 - and they don't plan on pulling her and eventually the twins from school. We love F&W and have been going almost yearly the past 8 years or so. Sounds like you also have a blast with Karen, Chuck and the kids :)

Oh thank you so much dazedx3. I appreciate that. I do have to lean on Chuck and Karen right now. They make me laugh and that helps.

We took our Christmas pictures on the beach this afternoon. OMG the wind was blowing 1,000 miles an hour. I had sand in my eyes, my hair and every other place you can imagine. But we did have fun and got some hilarious pictures. I will post them as soon as Karen gets them organized. We got done just in time before the rain came. Then Karen made us these delicious chicken strips and we all made sandwiches out of them.

I came home with all my stuff and quickly jumped in a nice hot shower. I took a look at the temperature and I couldn't believe it was 56. It felt more like 26 in that wind. I am finally warm and will sleep well tonight.

How is the wind by you today? We are not that far from you and it's pretty darn windy!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter