Angela & Matt - Planning Journal - April 2009 - I BOUGHT MY DRESS!!!!

Angela0917

DIS Veteran
Hello Everybody! I've been hanging around here for a couple weeks, so I figured I'd better introduce myself to everyone...

I am 25 years old, from Pittsburgh, PA. I was born in Miami Florida, and then when I was still a baby we moved to Miramar, Florida. When I was little, we used to go to Disney World probably almost every year! I was ALWAYS a huge fan! In 1990, we moved to Pittsburgh and I've been here since. I am now working at a law firm as a paralegal, and I spend my free time volunteering at an animal shelter (that's definitely the more rewarding of the 2) in the time since we moved, I went to Disney one time... I believe it was around 1997... So I'm overdue for a trip back!!

My fiancé, Matthew, is 24 years old. He was a tattoo artist for the past 5 years, but last month he finally got a job in what he has a degree in... Architectural Drafting. He's NEVER been to Disney, so he doesn't quite get the MAGIC of Disney! He's lived in Pittsburgh his whole life. At first he wasn't too big on the idea of a Disney Wedding, but once he realized how important it was to me, he decided to give in!:)

Matt and I met back in the summer of 2006. I was out with a friend of mine, and she introduced me to the friends of a guy that she was seeing at the time... one of these friends being Matt! I must say, that at first I thought Matt was VERY cute, but I had just gotten out of another long relationship so I just wasn't interested. He gave me his number and I did called him, but whenever he would call me back, I would just blow him off... Finally a few weeks later, I gave in and went out with him, and since then we've been together every single day!:lovestruc

We got our own place in September of 2007, and we adopted a puppy named Oliver who is our baby! He's a little Chihuahua mix, and he's treated like the king of the house!

ImportedPhotos000292.jpg

We got engaged of December of 2007! Matt and I planned a trip to NYC to do some shopping, sightseeing, and we went to see The Rockette's Christmas Spectacular and How the Grinch Stole Christmas on Broadway (I highly recommend both)! On the first night there, we went on a carriage ride through Central Park... and that's where he gave me my beautiful ring!! It was perfect!!

ImportedPhotos00030.jpg

Sooo... here we are today... Planning a trip to Walt Disney World in April of 2009 to get married!!:woohoo: I cannot wait!! We are going to do the Escape Wedding, and I'm pretty sure we'll have close to the max of 18 people coming. We're going to have the ceremony at Sea Breeze Point, because I LOVE that it's outside, but it's still somewhat covered. From the pics I saw, it looks like a beautiful area! Also, from reading everyone's recommendations, we're going to go with Randy Chapman for the photography!!! I'm so glad I found this board, because there's no way I would have found him on my own! :)

I will update everyone as I know more, but I've still got a long way to go!

ImportedPhotos00008.jpg

P.S. How do I post pics on here????:confused3... NEVERMIND, I figured it out:)

Congratulations, Angela!

My daughter is about to graduate from the University of Pittsburgh (next month). She is going to be married in Heinz Chapel in Oct. 2009 with a reception somewhere in Pittsburgh. I am about to :faint: at the cost of a Pittsburgh wedding!:scared1:

Your plans sound wonderful and Oliver is adorable! And your ring is beautiful!

Quick question - is that photo of you and Matt from Jamboree In The Hills? DH and I used to go to that every year when we were younger!

Congrats! Randy really is the best! Your dog is adorable!! can't wait to hear all your plans!

Congratulations, Angela!

My daughter is about to graduate from the University of Pittsburgh (next month). She is going to be married in Heinz Chapel in Oct. 2009 with a reception somewhere in Pittsburgh. I am about to :faint: at the cost of a Pittsburgh wedding!:scared1:

Your plans sound wonderful and Oliver is adorable! And your ring is beautiful!

Quick question - is that photo of you and Matt from Jamboree In The Hills? DH and I used to go to that every year when we were younger!

Oh, that's awesome!! I hear that Pitt is a great school!! Hahaha! Pittsburgh Weddings are very expensive!! We briefly looked into getting married here before we decided on Disney! The cost is what helped me convince Matt the Disney was the way to go!:banana:

No, the pic's not from Jamboree In The Hills. :( I've always wanted to go to that though, we're both huge country music fans!! It was just a concert out at the Post Gazette Pavilion!

Angela -- I tried to talk my DD into a Disney wedding, too -- because it would have been cheaper!:lmao:

Jamboree was fun when we went years ago - we used to get free media passes and we could walk onstage at the corner and take photos while the singers were performing! Afterwards we would interview them in the media trailer.

Oh, my mom was not too happy with the idea of a Disny Wedding at first. She's still not 100% for it, but she knows thats what we want, so she's ok with it. Luckily my brother just got engaged last weekend, and they're planning a traditional, local wedding for Sept. 09, so she'll have that planning to look forward to. Not that she's not looking forward to ours, but like her and my dad say "It's not their idea of a wedding". Oh well, you can't please everyone, right?

That's awesome you were right on stage with the performers!! Did you get to meet anyone good??

Well - it was quite a few years ago that we went -- we quit going when our kids were little and when they moved the Jamboree to the new location.

We met/interviewed:

Oak Ridge Boys
Ronnie Milsap
Reba McEntire
Gary Morris
Eddie Rabbitt
Alabama
Tom T. Hall
Ricky Skaggs

I can't remember who all - probably no one that you recognize! We quit going in the early 90's.

Yeah, another 2009 bride! :cheer2:

Love your plans so far, can't wait to read more popcorn::

And your doggie is adorable! :lovestruc

Hi Angela,
Welcome!!!
We are planning on April 2009 as well. We just had our sight visit today and we booked Randy Chapman today as well. Can't wait to hear about all of your planning!

Hi Angela,
Welcome!!!
We are planning on April 2009 as well. We just had our sight visit today and we booked Randy Chapman today as well. Can't wait to hear about all of your planning!

Oh, so awesome! You can be my planning buddy! Are you doing an Escape Wedding? Which location did you choose? What date are you planning on?:dance3:

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! Can't wait to read more

Looking forward to reading about all your plans :goodvibes Oliver is so cute!

Believe me after you get down there for your wedding Matt will be extemely happy that you decided to go with Disney. My DH wasn't too excited about a DFTW (even though he has always liked Disney) but when we were down for the wedding he kept saying how he couldn't believe how nice everything was and he was amazed at the quality of the service we received for everything. He is now a converted Disney fan!

Welcome! Oliver is adorable, and so are both of you.

My avatar is my sweet princess IndyBride's little Indy dog, named after Indiana Jones the Best Ride at Disneyland.

She is a chihauhau (SP?) mix with dachsund thrown in, so she has the sweet little chihauhau face with a verrrry long body! When she wears her little dresses her backside hangs out quite a bit farther than Oliver's!

It will be great fun sharing in your planning! My IndyBride will be getting married at Disneyland, but I'll tell you what, I sure wish we could convince everybody to go to Florida! They really seem to have a magical approach to things there...

Good Luck! I'll be cheering you on! :cheer2:

Hi Angela!!!! You and your fiance are adorable,love the picture of you guy's with your hat's.Too cute :)

Oliver is precious!!!!! You picked a great site for you wedding,I'm an escape bride too and also getting married there.

Look forward to hearing all your plan's.

Oh, so awesome! You can be my planning buddy! Are you doing an Escape Wedding? Which location did you choose? What date are you planning on?:dance3:

We're doing a Wishes wedding. Hopefully our date will be April 26 (stupid lottery making me worry about my date) Hopefully at the Wedding Pavilion at 5 and then going straight over to French Island at Epcot staying thru Illuminations. We just had our site visit with Joe yesterday and it was sooooo nice to see where our event will take place. DF can't WAIT to do the food tasting.

Congrats Angela! (That is so weird to say... I'm Angela as well!) Your puppy is adorable... made my heart melt, I bet puppy can get away with anything! Can't wait to hear more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter