• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

And THAT's when I threw up on my grandmother. p.17: We're back!

I'm a technophobe and figured out the picture posting thing..so you'll figure it out.:thumbsup2

Thanks for the vote of confidence!:goodvibes I did manage to upload some photos to the Walgreen's site, so photobucket should be a piece of cake. I never did figure out how to upload them on the DIS site that DDFNT mentioned.:confused:

Thanks for the vote of confidence!:goodvibes I did manage to upload some photos to the Walgreen's site, so photobucket should be a piece of cake. I never did figure out how to upload them on the DIS site that DDFNT mentioned.:confused:

I used the Dis site first, but now use Photobucket as it is easier to copy pictures to your post from Photobucket.

So we are taking a academic tour around the world for our history/social studies/literature home schooling studies. December was Germany. We had a great time! We went to a German restaurant for dinner one night & had delicious schnitzel, spaetzle, rohtkohl, kartoffelnsalat....mmmm! When we walked in, the entertainer was playing the Beatles on the accordian--he rocks! Later he played some Johnny Cash. What a riot! But he also played the traditional German songs, including all the bier drinking songs.

I had a pint of Warsteiner Dunkel, a German dark beer. One sip took me back to my high school trips to Deutschland!

So now we're on to ENGLAND! Today, we tried our hand at some English cooking (which the English are not particularly known for, right?). We a sausage roll--yum! And also a dish called "Hiss & Squeak," which is basically leftover veggies mixed w/ mashed potatoes & fried like a hashbrown patty. The kids loved it!

Now, since for our history, we're actually studying the whole Celtic/Gaelic/Anglo-Saxon region, I decided to try some Scotch Eggs. They always sounded interesting to me, and we had some sausage leftover from the sausage roll. The kids were so excited about eating a boiled egg w/ sausage wrapped around it for some reason. Only I guess the sausage from the sausage roll was too moist, because it fell off the eggs while they were frying, and I ended up w/ basically boiled eggs & ground sausage floating in oil.:scared: I scooped everything up from the pot & fried it like a hash, and they all ate it.

They are trying to convince me that Medieval Times would be a perfect field trip to tie in w/ England. Sure, kids...and which line item from the Disney budget are we taking that from???:confused3

We are going to have my mother over for high tea one Saturday. That means I'm going to have to learn to make scones. Do you think Hungry Jack biscuits would work?;) :rotfl2: No, really, I'm a pretty good cook. I'm just a little intimidated by baking, but I think I can handle it. If they don't turn out very well, once we dollop some Double Devon cream & lemon curd on them, who'll notice???

Anyone eaten at Rose & Crown? I've heard mixed reports about whether it's still feasible to show up an hour before Illuminations and get a patio table, & then stay for the show.

You're making me hungry.

I don't think it'll be possible to get patio seating by showing up...unless they have cancellations...

You could always just show up and wait just in case, just have secondary plans.

woman 1: "Did you see that? Some idiot just went down in the canyon with his daughter!"

Mom: "you don't say..."

woman 2: "Can't he read? Didn't he see the sign that says 'Absolutely no foot travel beyond this point?"

woman 1: "Doesn't he know that a man and his son just fell to their deaths last month?"

Mom: "Some people are so irresponsible...."

Dad: "Hey, we're back!"

woman 1::eek:

woman 2::eek:

Mom: "Do I know you?":snooty:
:lmao: :scared1: :lmao: :scared1: :lmao: :scared1:
Scary and funny all wrapped up into one.

His mom died (from MS. Still working on that neurologist appointment thing...) when he was 4, and nobody told him & his twin sister. For 10 years they let them think she was in the hospital, too sick for them to visit. Their older sister, who had been shipped off to be raised by the maternal grandparents, and whom they only saw once or twice a year, mentioned "mom's funeral" to them one day, and they were devastated. They had been there, but no one told them what was going on.
Uh, WOW.:eek:

Last year I lost 75 pounds, and while I've kept it off for a year, I didn't really lose much additional weight in that time. In fact, over the holidays ....well, let's just say :scared1: . Yep, that about sums it up.
Way to go for the 75 pounds.:cool1:

You're making me hungry.

I don't think it'll be possible to get patio seating by showing up...unless they have cancellations...

You could always just show up and wait just in case, just have secondary plans.

My bad! What I meant was making an ADR for about an hour before Illuminations & requesting patio seating. I had read that the CMs used to be very accommodating as far as honoring a patio request & then letting you stay to watch the show, but I also read a rumor that it was harder to do now.

Our old standby has always been to grab a table at the Cantina, but you have to show up pretty early to snag a good spot, and in the past we've gone w/ max of 4 people. This time around, having 8 people to accommodate has me a little :scared1: !

:banana: So, guesswhatguesswhatguesswhat?

I was just checkin' out this weeks Allears newsletter, and it has the line up for the Epcot Flower & Garden Festival concert lineup, and guess who's going to be playing while we're there?

The Tokens!
How cool is that??? Can I get a "weeeeeeeeeee-ah-bumbaway"? So what if the only Tokens song I (or anyone else pretty much, for that matter) is "The Lion Sleeps Tonight"--that's like one of the all time best songs ever! I can't wait to sing really loud & dance around and embarrass my children! Of course, it does beg the question: what are they going to sing for the other 54 minutes???

Arlo Guthrie will be there the first night we go for Illuminations--so cool!:hippie: We'll just miss Starship by a couple of days :guilty: . But that's just as well--we can't spend every evening in Epcot. And I don't know how thrilled the kids (or DH, for that matter) will be about sitting around listening to music while we could be ridin' the rides, for cryin' in a bucket!

DH and I were on a puppet team in our church youth group a LONG time ago. We did a puppet show to The Lion Sleeps Tonight.I think of that skit every time I here that song. It is a great song.

Went to a Starship concert when they were Jefferson Starship with DH while we were dating. Great memories.

This is good news.:thumbsup2

:banana: So, guesswhatguesswhatguesswhat?

I was just checkin' out this weeks Allears newsletter, and it has the line up for the Epcot Flower & Garden Festival concert lineup, and guess who's going to be playing while we're there?

The Tokens!
How cool is that??? Can I get a "weeeeeeeeeee-ah-bumbaway"? So what if the only Tokens song I (or anyone else pretty much, for that matter) is "The Lion Sleeps Tonight"--that's like one of the all time best songs ever! I can't wait to sing really loud & dance around and embarrass my children! Of course, it does beg the question: what are they going to sing for the other 54 minutes???

Arlo Guthrie will be there the first night we go for Illuminations--so cool!:hippie: We'll just miss Starship by a couple of days :guilty: . But that's just as well--we can't spend every evening in Epcot. And I don't know how thrilled the kids (or DH, for that matter) will be about sitting around listening to music while we could be ridin' the rides, for cryin' in a bucket!

DH and I were on a puppet team in our church youth group a LONG time ago. We did a puppet show to The Lion Sleeps Tonight.I think of that skit every time I here that song. It is a great song.

Went to a Starship concert when they were Jefferson Starship with DH while we were dating. Great memories.

You both are dating yourselves....who am I kidding....I'm older than both of you combined.......;)

I always think of the Tracy Ullman skit, where she starts singing it at the bus stop, and soon everyone starts singing and dancing around, and when the bus comes, you find out that Tracy & a bunch of accomplices were actually pickpockets, and while they were all dancing around, they were stealing everyone's wallets.:lmao: :confused: :eek:

I love Starship/Jefferson Starship/Jefferson Airplane. I would love to hear "Jane" performed live. Loved Grace Slick's vocals too, although she was one trippie chick.

The Guess Who will be there in March--now that would be wild, because I could honestly stand there & sing along to practically every word! :hippie:

You both are dating yourselves....who am I kidding....I'm older than both of you combined.......;)

Given our ages, I think that would make Jordan:teacher: ... 79 years old, wouldn't it Shmu? Gosh, he's really well preserved for his age!:lmao:

I think I just come off sounding much younger than I am because I'm such a dork!;) Like I always said, I have the spiritual gift of corn (as in "corn-y"). Mixed blessing, really....

Given our ages, I think that would make Jordan:teacher: ... 79 years old, wouldn't it Shmu? Gosh, he's really well preserved for his age!:lmao:

I think I just come off sounding much younger than I am because I'm such a dork!;) Like I always said, I have the spiritual gift of corn (as in "corn-y"). Mixed blessing, really....

I'll be 46 in February.....:scared: I feel 20 in my head...my body says hold up buddy...gotta slow down...no more fries...:sad1:

DSCF001Restored3.jpg

Did it work?

I am resisting the urge to say holy c..p! Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh! I posted a pic!

I'm going to try not to get discouraged about the fact that it came out itsybitsy. It's still a pic! And I did it all by myself! And it only took me 3 hours!:faint:

In case you're wondering, this was in 2002, when DD12 was DD7, and DS8 was DS3. We were staying at POR, and hung around the hotel all day. We went fishing (and I caught 23 fish, the largest of which was only slightly bigger than that photo...), and then came back and rode the surrey bike. This is one of my favorite pics from the whole trip.

I'll try to post a more recent family pic....next time I have an extra 3 hours...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter