Anaheim Rent-A-Car Experiences?

deejdigsdis

DIS Veteran
We are looking to rent a car for just a couple of days during our trip for our Universal and beach days. Anaheim Rent-A-Car has good reviews. Seems a little pricier than others, but I am mainly drawn to their hours. Many car rental places close so early. This place closes at 10pm daily. Can anyone share any experiences they have had with this company? Thanks!

I've rented many cars in the area but never heard of that particular one. Are you concerned with picking up/ renting later in the day or returning the car later in the day. If you are concerned with dropping off the vehicle after hours, the Alamo at Paradise Pier Hotel, on Disney property, has 24 hour drop off in the parking deck and can you leave the keys at the front desk of the hotel.

I am mainly concerned with returning the car later in the day. We would want to return it around 9 or 10pm rather than 4 or 6pm. I also noticed they have an option to just leave the keys at your hotel front desk/car at your hotel and would be curious to hear how that has worked out for people. We were originally looking at staying at Candy Cane Inn, and this is the car rental place they recommend/have discounts for according to their website.

Good to know about the 24 hour drop off at Alamo. Thank you!

I am mainly concerned with returning the car later in the day. We would want to return it around 9 or 10pm rather than 4 or 6pm. I also noticed they have an option to just leave the keys at your hotel front desk/car at your hotel and would be curious to hear how that has worked out for people. We were originally looking at staying at Candy Cane Inn, and this is the car rental place they recommend/have discounts for according to their website.

Good to know about the 24 hour drop off at Alamo. Thank you!

I've rented from Alamo at the Paradise Pier a number of times just for the late return time and its a piece of cake. You drive into the parking deck and park on the top level. Then walk across to the hotel and go into the lobby of the hotel and leave the keys with whoever is at the front desk. They may have a drop box but I would always just leave it with one of the hotel employees in the lobby. Really quick and easy.

We rented through Hertz at the Anaheim Marriott. We'll actually I picked up in San Diego and dropped it off in Anaheim. We parked in the dedicated section of their parking garage and keys are left at the Hertz desk in the main building. Then we jumped onto the shuttle back to the park. Easy least and inexpensive through Costco. On be our way out of town I rented though Avis on Katella. Also easy! But I returned that in San Diego again.
Personally I only rent from well known companies and almost always book through Costco.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter