Amy & Chelle's Groovy Trip-Day 1/Part II-Magic Kingdom

TinkerChelle

Happy Mommy of 2
Amy-28, My life partner and a life long disney addict.
Chelle-Me, 32, a newbie to the Disney addiction..thanks to Amy!

Sunday, February 1st

We arrived at the Magic Kingdom via the Pop Century bus. We headed straight to the guest relations ticket window and turned in our AP vouchers for our actual annual passes. This took less than 10 minutes.
We entered the Magic Kingdom and the joy coming off of both of us was palpable! I cried when I saw the castle looming in the backgroud of Main Street. I always cry at my first sight of this! I am a big WDW baby! :p
We always ride Pirates of the Caribbean first. This was the first ride we ever rode together at WDW...so we rode it again. This ride never gets old. We always have to look up at the foot with the hair as we go under the bridge. After Pirates, we headed to Liberty Square for some lunch. We ate at Columbia Harbor House. We rode Haunted Mansion after lunch and then decided to ride BTMRR. The stand by wait was at 30 minutes so we grabbed a fastpass and rode the steam train around the whole park while we waited for our fastpass time. I love the train. It is such a nice place to relax and cool off during your day at the Magic Kingdom and your still able to enjoy the Magical atmosphere. After the train ride it was time for BTMRR. Loved it! Everytime we ride it we have to point to the bats and yell out "BATS!"...the first time we rode this together we were also with my nephew, who was 6 at the time, and he yelled that as we pulled into the cave. He also yelled out during our inaugural ride on BTMRR, "We are all going crazy!!" I always miss him when we are at WDW. WDW is awesome always..don't get me wrong, but enjoying it with a young child and seeing everything through their eyes is unbelievable!
Then, we strolled through Fantasyland...it was packed!! We headed to Tomorrowland and did CoP. I had never done this before..it was always closed when we had been here before. I didn't think it was that great, but I don't have any childhood memories of it like Amy does. She knows every word of the song! We agreed it was time to head back to the resort. We had been up since 3:00 a.m. and we were both getting very tired. We did a little window shopping on Main Street on our way out. Our luggage was in our room when we arrived back at the resort, so we unpacked and relaxed a little.
We had dinner at the food court at the resort. The food court offered the usual food court items. The food wasn't spectacular nor was it horrible. I guess I would say the food was average.
We went to bed early--dreaming of our coming week at WDW!
Coming soon: Day 2-Animal Kingdom!

Thanks for the reports.. I can't wait to read more.. I am living vicariously through your reports anticipating my first trip reports with my new partner!!! Can't wait to read more!!

Kathy :wave:

see the castle for the first time......ohhhhhhh I can hardly wait.....we got stuck on PoC last year and it was a yo ho for 15 minutes......with the hairy leg......hahaha.....you brought back memories......thanks so much ......and thanks for your great reports

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter