Amazing meal at the CA grill

JennyMominRI

<font color=red>Live from Red Sox Nation<br><font
On our arrival day at WDW we had ADRS at the Ca Grill. ADRs Were for me,EdDad DNeice 19 And D Sister... When we got there they started walking us past all of the tables to the end and we wondered where in the world we were going to sit..It was crowded but they led us into an EMPTY room..The wine room, believe..It was at about 8.15 and we had a view of Epcot and DT Orlando..During the meal we could see both Illuminations and the fireworks at Seaworld..The view was AMAZING.. Add to this the fact that we had just recieved a free upgrade from a Water View room to an Executive Suite at CSR and this was a magical night..
We had the SPicy Sushi which had this incredble orange sauce on it. We also had the BLT Flatbread...This was a huge appetizer,which we shared and was also just incredible...It was worth the cost just for the flatbread.. I had the steak,which was falling apart tender along with the best mashed potatoes I have ever had.. I also had a cheesecake which was also the best I have ever had..My Niece had the Bananas and Butterscotch "Buzz" - caramelized bananas and butterscotch custard stack with coffee caramel, cocoa nib, and crunchy plantain . This was also wonderful... I can't use enough superlatives..This was bar none the best meal I have ever had at WDW ,and I have had many... We also ate at Jiko,which was excellent,but not quite as good

I'm so glad you had a great meal! We are thinking of going there for our one and only "signature" meal of our trip, and it's nice to hear a great review. You definitely had a lucky night! :wizard:

Thanks for the review! We are eating there for the first time a week from tonight and Im a bit nervous about it. Sounds like it should be good.

Sounds wonderful.....what a magical time it sounds like you had....can't wait........I'm glad you compaired it to Jinko's......we've only been to two signature dinners before Jinko and Artists Pointe both were very good.....that was on our first trip as a family in 2002 then in 2003 we didn't stay on property and we only did one sit down at park fare for breakfast....this year free dining with my sister to help out with baby sitting.......We are doing Cali Grill on dining plan as a family then DH and I are going to Citicos for a date night.....I'm really looking forward to trying these dinners. :cool1:

So glad to hear such a great review on CA grill. This is one of the 2 TS we will be doing on our upcoming trip, along with Flying Fish. I can't wait!! :Pinkbounc

Great review, glad you had such a fabulous meal. I love, love, love California Grill, but for some reason DH doesn't really like it anymore, so I have to eat vicariously through others now. :rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing your wonderful dinner with us! We'll be celebrating our anniversary there next month and are really looking forward to it.

I was wondering how spicy the sushi was? I like spice but not so much that I can't taste the rest of my dinner! ;)

paras4ri said:
Thanks for sharing your wonderful dinner with us! We'll be celebrating our anniversary there next month and are really looking forward to it.

I was wondering how spicy the sushi was? I like spice but not so much that I can't taste the rest of my dinner! ;)
We order the Spicy Sushi and it had some kick to it..There were plenty of non-spicy Sushi's available

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter