Amazing Customer Service at Be Our Guest!!

ny0090

Mouseketeer
Yesterday I went to Be Our Guest for dinner with my husband and my two year old daughter. We were celebrating their birthdays. It was our very first time at Magic Kingdom and because Beauty and the Beast is my daughters favourite movie, I organized a FP for Enchanted Tales with Belle first and then had ADRs for dinner at BOG.

Around 6:30PM when we went inside the restaurant and lead to our table (Rose Gallery). My daughter was able to carry a Lumiere candlestick to the table and she was thrilled (he is her favourite character). About five minutes after we were seated, one of the employees took away Lumiere and DD was devastated. She started crying uncontrollably. My husband tried his best to calm her down but there was no way to console her. I think it was because other tables around us still had their candlesticks on the table so she didn't understand why ours was taken away. We asked one of the employees if we could just borrow one quickly to take a photo and they said yes and it helped cheer DD up.

It took around an hour to finish our meals and we were packing up to leave when our waiter Paul asked us to wait a moment. I thought they were planning to give my daughter a sticker for her birthday. Out of nowhere he came back holding a huge Disney Parks shopping bag. He told us that he saw what happened when Lumiere was taken away and how upset DD was and he apologized. Then he handed her a huge Beast plush! My husband and I were completely shocked. We spent the rest of the night talking about how wonderful that waiter was and how we have never had something like that happen to us. What a great experience! Thank you Paul for making our first family trip to Disney World so magical.

Wow! Talk about going over and beyond expectations!! That is awesome! These CM are amazing, I will say that.

wonder if I try it they'll give me a Beast plush too or just look at me funny? :crazy2:

Kidding aside, that is awesome!! Glad you guys enjoyed, and very glad Paul went above and beyond! One of my favorite restaurants honestly

such a great act of kindness....every once in a while this happens and people are thrilled...as we all are for you

We just got back from our trip and my daughter carried Beast onto the plane with her. I caught her once trying to feed him some milk from her bottle. It was her favourite souvenir from the trip. I want to write a thank you letter to Disney World and to this particular cast member. Does anyone know what address I would need to use?

Great story. We had an AMAZING time there in September (it's in my review if you saw it...couldn't say enough good things about Chef Jerry). What you can do is email Disney's cast member relations and tell them about your waiter (give his name, the date/time you were there and if you can remember where his name tag said he was from to help them figure out who he is) and they will give him recognition for making it a great experience. We got an email back a few days telling us they rewarded the Chef we praised and it also goes into their personnel records. :love: It's a nice thing to do for someone who did something nice for you. Love that it's possible!

Wow, that is so wonderful! Thank you for sharing with us! And, yes, I hope you can get an email sent about that.

I love this story! The main reason we continue to visit Disney is because of the wonderful CM's who consistantly go above and beyond what anyone could possible expect in order to make magic for us. Your story is one that proves how far CM's go to please people, but I think that even the "little" gestures are magical. Thank you for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter