Amazing Adventures of the 2012 Disney Mom's Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is killing me!!! I keep checking my email and when there is nothing there (especially since we are at "any day now") I come over here to the disboards barely being able to look at the screen thinking I'm going to see all these...
I made it emails!!! This is so painful!!!

RIGHT???? Someone yesterday had the little excited cheerleader emoticon and I freaked out...turns out it was because their magical express stuff arrived lol But still! I was scared at first.

So, I just checked my email for the 248th time today and about had a heart attack seeing an email from WALT DISNEY WORL..... (couldn't display the entire thing) only to have it be the monthly email and recipe from the Swan and Dolphin. This is gonna be a very long day.

LOVE, PEACE AND MICKEY MOUSE!

Well I have been blissfully unaware of all the butterflies and nerves because I had it in my head that we wouldn't notifies of round 3 until NEXT week! Lol oh great, now I get to stress out for the next few days and check my email every 15 minutes like a lunatic! Thanks ;)

For those that have made it to round 3 in the past, when were you notified? And were your interviews during the day? I supposed I could do mu phone interview over my lunch at work. But that is putting the cart before the horse. I'm not getting my hopes up. I'm still amazed I made it to round 2!

So, I just checked my email for the 248th time today and about had a heart attack seeing an email from WALT DISNEY WORL..... (couldn't display the entire thing) only to have it be the monthly email and recipe from the Swan and Dolphin. This is gonna be a very long day.

LOVE, PEACE AND MICKEY MOUSE!

I just got that same one! My heart stops every time I get the eMail alert.

Well, I have something to distract me! My brother-il-law is getting married in January in Hawaii! He propposed on the Disney Dream and they both are willing to do a split stay at a Waikiki hotel and Aulani. My DH and I are both in the wedding party, so Hawaii here I come! Now I get to research Oahu hotels. Any recommendations?

The latest I've received my R3 email (sounds like I have them regularly !!!) was on 27th October 2009 at 21:26 (UK).

We are all assuming it will be this week. The timeline for the rest of the process is the same this year as every other year, so there's no reason to think any differently.

I have given up trying to second-guess the process this year. I think the emails will arrive when we least expect them. :upsidedow

Well, Oct 27th 2009 was a Tuesday and 21:26 UK time is 4:26 p.m. EST. So we've already passed Tuesday :confused3

I got my round 2 email at 3:46 p.m. EST....so now I'm anxiously awaiting 3:30 to 4:30 today, tomorrow and Friday...but who knows?? LOL

Well, I have something to distract me! My brother-il-law is getting married in January in Hawaii! He propposed on the Disney Dream and they both are willing to do a split stay at a Waikiki hotel and Aulani. My DH and I are both in the wedding party, so Hawaii here I come! Now I get to research Oahu hotels. Any recommendations?

ALOHA!

How fun :D We are visiting Hawaii next month, and my family used to visit every summer when I was growing up (family lives there) so I don't have TONS of hotel recs (we stayed at Gma's house!!) but we did stay at hotels a few times.

Are you looking for hotels in Honolulu?

- Hilton Hawaiian Village is pretty darn amazing and in a great location.
- Hale Koa is amazing if you're affiliated with the military (and actually right next to HHV).
- The Outrigger hotels are good, too.! We've stayed in a few...

ALOHA!

How fun :D We are visiting Hawaii next month, and my family used to visit every summer when I was growing up (family lives there) so I don't have TONS of hotel recs (we stayed at Gma's house!!) but we did stay at hotels a few times.

Are you looking for hotels in Honolulu?

- Hilton Hawaiian Village is pretty darn amazing and in a great location.
- Hale Koa is amazing if you're affiliated with the military (and actually right next to HHV).
- The Outrigger hotels are good, too.! We've stayed in a few...

I think at this point all options are open. My FIL is retired Air Force, so we would be eligable for Hale Koa. I was looking at pics online and thought the rooms themselves were kind of :sad2: but the price was :thumbsup2. Is it nicer than it seems?

You will have a great time! I lived on Oahu for a couple of years :goodvibes Ko olina and Waikiki are on separate sides of the island and have very different feels to them, so a split stay is a great idea. I'd love to head back for another tour... there are so many cool things to do on the island :thumbsup2 It's been a few years but let me know if you have any ?'s and I could certainly try to help :) Happy planning to you!

I think at this point all options are open. My FIL is retired Air Force, so we would be eligable for Hale Koa. I was looking at pics online and thought the rooms themselves were kind of :sad2: but the price was :thumbsup2. Is it nicer than it seems?

There are two buildings (I believe) and one wing has older rooms than the other. I have found that in Hawaii, a lot of the hotel rooms tend to be kind of older/dated unless you go for a boutique style. I have to say though, it is hard to beat the value of Hale Koa because of its easy access to the ocean and convenience :D My opinion might be kind of skewed on the niceness of the room because the last time we stayed there, I was a kid, but it's a nice resort overall...just don't compare it to a WDW Deluxe resort ;)

Oh, and one of my good friends just visited Oahu for the first time and she stayed at Aqua Palms Waikiki and really recommends it.

I never stayed personally but attended several events at the Hale Koa and it never seemed shabby at all. If we vacationed I'd definitely stay there.

Well, Oct 27th 2009 was a Tuesday and 21:26 UK time is 4:26 p.m. EST. So we've already passed Tuesday :confused3

I got my round 2 email at 3:46 p.m. EST....so now I'm anxiously awaiting 3:30 to 4:30 today, tomorrow and Friday...but who knows?? LOL

To add to the confusion, I received my R2 email in 2010 at 5:50 EST on a Tuesday! So, I think to find a "pattern" here is next to impossible! :lmao:

Given the fact that things are a bit different this year with the 6 groups, the entire process could be different. So we may not be able to use past results as a predictor of future events since the change is dramatic enough to affect the outcome possibilities from my perspective. So - have a nice iced coffee, put on your fave Disney music in the background, and enjoy the ride!

Given the fact that things are a bit different this year with the 6 groups, the entire process could be different. So we may not be able to use past results as a predictor of future events since the change is dramatic enough to affect the outcome possibilities from my perspective. So - have a nice iced coffee, put on your fave Disney music in the background, and enjoy the ride!

Good idea!:cool1:

I actually feel like I'm in a race car, ready to speed off...but I'm at the LONGEST red light of my life!! I am SO ready for the darn thing to turn green already! (If I make it to R3 it will feel like the rush of speeding off, and if I don't...my car stalled)

You know, I've been thinking perhaps IT IS the first week of November, only because there are SO many more categories this year and probably that many more videos to go through. :confused3. Just a thought. :hippie:

I am enjoying all the camaraderie in the waiting room, though. :goodvibes

:thumbsup2

I was just thinking how much fun it must be to watch all the videos. I enjoyed reading what everyone did as their memory so I can only imagine how much fun they must have watching them. I would want some popcorn though :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter