Ama ama reopening

Kristie71

Mouseketeer
Has anyone heard any rumors when Ama Ama may be reopening? We have Aulani reservations in Nov to celebrate my 50th birthday.

From what I have read it has closed and gone out of business for good. It was not run by Disney. They are looking for a new restaurant group. Rumors are they are in contract with another source but no word on reopening timeline.

From what I have read it has closed and gone out of business for good. It was not run by Disney. They are looking for a new restaurant group. Rumors are they are in contract with another source but no word on reopening timeline.

I'm curious as to where you heard Ama Ama is not owned by Disney?

that sucks. It was a good restaurant.

Hello, I have been to Aulani twice. Can you tell me where Ama Ama was located? Maybe I just don't remember the name but ate there. We are going back in October and it will be good to know all the changes. Thanks.

Can you give your source? This doesn't seem accurate.

Hello, I have been to Aulani twice. Can you tell me where Ama Ama was located? Maybe I just don't remember the name but ate there. We are going back in October and it will be good to know all the changes. Thanks.
Never mind, know where it is/ was now. We never ate there but heard it was good.

It is the one overlooking the ocean at the end of the EWA tower. If you want a visual, you can google it and look at the map of the resort. You will know if you ate there because it was the only nice sit down restaurant on property. The others are casual or a buffet.

It is the one overlooking the ocean at the end of the EWA tower. If you want a visual, you can google it and look at the map of the resort. You will know if you ate there because it was the only nice sit down restaurant on property. The others are casual or a buffet.
Thanks. I remember the place now. My wife wanted to go back to the Buffett with the family instead of trying that place. Will defiantly go on our next trip.

Thanks. I remember the place now. My wife wanted to go back to the Buffett with the family instead of trying that place. Will defiantly go on our next trip.

Trust me your wife didn’t miss much the food is very iffy I found personally the food across street to be much more reasonably priced and better tasting!

Trust me your wife didn’t miss much the food is very iffy I found personally the food across street to be much more reasonably priced and better tasting!
We did try the sushi place across the street and it was good. There was a pizza place in that area and it was good too. That sad to hear at a resort like that the food was iffy for the only sit down besides the Buffett.

We did try the sushi place across the street and it was good. There was a pizza place in that area and it was good too. That sad to hear at a resort like that the food was iffy for the only sit down besides the Buffett.

Don’t be disappointed I want you to try it out for yourself as the view was stunning and the service was spectacular however I just didn’t find the food quite as spectacular as the atmosphere but please make sure you try it next time!

My daughter and I ate there a few years ago and had a really nice meal. I got the local catch and it was delicious. Everything we had was good. We also had a beautiful view of the sunset. I hope it opens back up.

I can't speak to Ama Ama dinner, but the breakfast there was out of this world! The lobster breakfast sandwich and mac nut pancakes were some of our favorite things we ate the whole trip! But, Monkeypod is also great - we still dream about the jalapeno mashed potatoes!

it was on a recent podcast about someone who was at Aulani. Interesting thing though is I tried to find it to attach for all of you and now I cant find it.. so perhaps the information was wrong.
Did they discuss it on the Dis Unplugged? I believe Sean Faulk was just there, but I haven't listened to the most recent podcasts yet.

Different strokes, I suppose. 'Ama 'Ama is one of my wife's and my favorite restaurants in the world--we've had dozens of delicious meals there (breakfasts, lunches, and dinners). We like Monkeypod too, but the food is similarly-priced for what you get, and not as tasty overall. Heck, we eat at McDonald's every now and then too (even on a trip to Hawaii), and of course it's cheaper than sit-down restaurants. But don't write off 'Ama 'Ama because of price, or a single person's online opinion of what's "iffy".

Ama ama is no longer showing up on Aulani’s website. I guess it is gone for good.
Well now that IS sad :( While we always get a 1 bedroom so we can cook full meals, we usually book Ama Ama once for a splurge dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter