Am I the only one that ends up with a headache after riding a roller coaster??

OMGoodness, No! I can't ride them anymore! I feel like my brain is rattling around in my head, and then I feel sick with a headache afterwards. I thought it was "old age" (although I'm only 37....somedays I feel like I'm 87!) because when I was younger, I could ride ANYTHING!! :confused3

It doesn't matter what kind of coaster, either. Wooden, steel...whatever. I felt like the Rockin Roller Coaster nearly killed me when I rode it last year...never again! :sad2:

That is exactly how I feel. I rode the rockin roller coaster a couple of years ago and my head felt like it was going to explode. Then I got reading about brain injuries and it made me nervous. I'm only 27.....I too feel like I'm 87. Thank you for your reply.

thats what happened to me when I was 15! never again! Dont do rides now! :)

well it is a true fact that you get more air( vs cs fluid) in your head as you age( really! not making that up) but you are all to young for that! i don't get a headache but rnr did a real number on my back due to not keeping my head back at take off.

I am not a roller coaster person--not really a rides person at all. But I figure its Disney so it can't hurt me and went on everything ..at least once. But what gets me through the day? I take gravol and tylenol every morning and do the "thrills" first thing in the morning on a fairly empty stomach

As cool as I thought RNRC was, it gave me a headache. Not worth going on again. :earsboy:

Before I had kids I had no problem riding any and everything. Now I can't ride any of the big rides without getting a headache. It stinks cause I still want to get on them so bad.

Yep thats me, before I had my son I rode anything and everything! No more, roller coasters kill me, my heads pounds and I feel sick for hours :confused3
I have chalked it up to child birth :rotfl:

My wife could ride anything until Space Mountain in Paris, and then she had such headaches that she swore off any such ride ever after. She was about 42 then.
(We took her father, about 72 then, on Splash Mountain. He was cool with that.)

I went on some pretty rough rides a year later with our kids, but I can see where the limit might kick in. I will do Everest, but the Universal Islands rides are probably beyond me.

I don't get a headaches but RnR does "beat me up". I still love it though. I think it's Aerosmith though. I love them!! We have a a roller coaster here at a local amusement park that I use to love but I rode it the other night and it was so rough that I did not like it. I don't like the coastr in Animal Kingdom either because it was so rough and it jurks around to hard.

disneynewbee said:
Before I had kids I had no problem riding any and everything. Now I can't ride any of the big rides without getting a headache. It stinks cause I still want to get on them so bad.

Your statement sums up my situation perfectly. Having kids ruined me for any kind of fast ride, I can't even get on a swing. Luckily, I seem to be able to handle stuff like Buzz and Pooh. Rockin Rollercoaster toatally gave me a headache and a neck ache (I'm only 30 and am in good shape). It took me two hours to get over Mission Space! I stumbled to Mexico for some nachos and a margareta, that helped...not really sure why!

44 yo male, and I get what I call a "nausea headache"... equal parts nausea and headache, scale of 1-10 usually about 4-5; not enough to put me out of commission, but enough to make me feel bleah for about an hour or so...

However, I decided that complaints from my physical body were NOT going to keep me from enjoying all WDW has to offer with my family- so I just "suck it up" and plunge ahead!!

(most of the time...)

The same exact thing used to happen to me. I used to be able to ride any ride then as I got older the rides started to bother me---headachey, nausea, with a little dizzy thrown in :sick:

It is a form of motion sickness. Now I take dramamine (they make a less drowsy fromula) and it works like magic. It is amazing...I no longer get that headachey woozy feeling. It does not make me drowsy and there are no side effects. You don't need a perscription either. I never go to a theme park without taking it. It works for me, it might help you too.

Rock 'n Roller Coaster (the only coaster I've ridden in the last few years) does give me a headache, but then so does Dinosaur. On RnRC, if I keep my head pressed back against the seat as hard as possible, the headache dissipates once I'm off the ride.

goofie4goofy said:
The same exact thing used to happen to me. I used to be able to ride any ride then as I got older the rides started to bother me---headachey, nausea, with a little dizzy thrown in :sick:

It is a form of motion sickness. Now I take dramamine (they make a less drowsy fromula) and it works like magic. It is amazing...I no longer get that headachey woozy feeling. It does not make me drowsy and there are no side effects. You don't need a perscription either. I never go to a theme park without taking it. It works for me, it might help you too.

I don't get "woozy" at all...I don't think it's motion sickness for me. I just can't handle my head and neck being jerked around. It really hurts!! Last time I went on RRC, my head hurt so bad I started to have a panic attack! I swore off rough rides after that. I'll stick to Small World! LOL :rotfl: (BTW, this all started happening after I had kids....so maybe it's their fault?? :rolleyes: )

marcyinPA said:
I don't get "woozy" at all...I don't think it's motion sickness for me. I just can't handle my head and neck being jerked around. It really hurts!! Last time I went on RRC, my head hurt so bad I started to have a panic attack! I swore off rough rides after that. I'll stick to Small World! LOL :rotfl: (BTW, this all started happening after I had kids....so maybe it's their fault?? :rolleyes: )

maybe they need to put neck braces on the thrill rides as i think that's what did me in also :rotfl:
however i am an idiot and continue to ride them so i will probably be one of those "woman collapses after ride on ____ at WDW" headlines some day :rolleyes:

I get a really bad headache after riding the roller coasters. I thought it was from my head getting thrown around so I tried to keep it back against the head rest and I still got a head ache. My 21 year of son has the same problem. I would love to find a way to not let this happen because I love roller coasters.

jann1033 said:
maybe they need to put neck braces on the thrill rides as i think that's what did me in also :rotfl:
however i am an idiot and continue to ride them so i will probably be one of those "woman collapses after ride on ____ at WDW" headlines some day :rolleyes:

I had whiplash about 20 years ago and have been doing really well lately. I think Splash Mountain did it to me. it was that "landing" at the bottom of the big drop. The next day my neck was so sore. I could hardly move it. After a day at the waterpark relaxing I was ok. Someday maybe I will learn??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter