Am I over reacting?

At this point to be still annoyed over it sounds as though it may be an overreaction but it wouldn't have been overreacting at the time to call Housekeeping and report that only one bed was made.

On the last day you could have had a different housekeeper who wasn't comfortable moving the bag left on the bed to make it. I know if I expect the bed to be made I don't leave anything on it that could get moved or lost.

I guess my mind doesn't think like that as I would never blame them for losing something of mine.

You wouldn't blame them for losing something of yours but you rant about them not making up ONE bed on ONE day of your vacation?

Odd.

Mountain, Molehill????
If you were so 'ticked off' or 'confused' why didn't you try to sort it at the time? You asked for opinions and you're getting them!!!

Siding with Mousekeeping here. It's their job to make the bed, not move your things around so they can do so.

I don't doubt there have been some outrageous comments made when Mousekeeping HAS moved personal belongings.

Siding with Mousekeeping here. It's their job to make the bed, not move your things around so they can do so.

I don't doubt there have been some outrageous comments made when Mousekeeping HAS moved personal belongings.

Or when they accidentally take someting that was on the bed and was wrapped up in the sheets.

One of my friends brought a small Christmas tree and ornaments for their Christmas trip, set up the tree, went out, and housekeeping came in and threw out their tree and ornament boxes, so they couldn't pack the stuff up safely to bring home. So yes, sometimes they do move stuff, and if they think the stuff is trash they might just throw it away.

It's also entirely possible that a housekeeper was leery of moving a guest's bag from the bed in order to make it up. It doesn't sound particularly strange. It's kind of a tough one, the OP didn't care if they moved her bag but someone else might have a fit if their stuff was moved from the bed for whatever reason. The housekeepers can't win in that situation. So I'm thinking now that if I want the bed made, I won't leave anything sitting on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter