Am I eligible to get the DDP?

dolphinz510

Earning My Ears
I'm leaving for my trip this Sunday (!!!), and now after looking at the massive amount of TS dining reservations I have, I'm thinking it might be better to get the deluxe plan. I've never gotten it before, so I'm not sure how it works or even if I can get it.

I'm staying with some friends who booked our room through their DVC points. I bought my park tickets separately, but I'm listed on the room. Am I able to add on dining?

There are 6 of us total staying in our room. Would the DDP apply to everyone, or can I just get it for a few? Reason I'm asking is our friends are doing their own thing most of the time. They'll mostly be sleeping in, relaxing in the room a lot, and bringing their own groceries. Me plus two others are the ones with all the reservations. The last person is coming a day later than we are. So this plan would only be beneficial for the 3 of us. Is that possible?

It's all or nothing.
Everyone in the room will get it or no one.
If you don't have too many fixed price ADR's (buffets for example) then you could just order something from the menu that is most cost effective if you're concerned about the food bill.

Also, on a DVC points reservation, the owners of the points have to add it and make the payment when it is added. There is no going rogue.

Now, one thing you could consider is going with a different plan (like the DDP basic), and just have the three of you use all of the credits - they belong to the room, not the individuals. That would essentially give each of you 2 TS/2 CS/4 snacks per person per night, but basic DDP is nowhere near as cost effective as deluxe, so I still agree with the others that just paying out of pocket is likely your best option.

Now, one thing you could consider is going with a different plan (like the DDP basic), and just have the three of you use all of the credits - they belong to the room, not the individuals. That would essentially give each of you 2 TS/2 CS/4 snacks per person per night, but basic DDP is nowhere near as cost effective as deluxe, so I still agree with the others that just paying out of pocket is likely your best option.

Yes while that would be an option overall they would probably be paying more for that then just paying OOP because I would not expect that the people in the party that are not going to use the credits would be willing to pay for "their share" of credits putting the financial burden on a smaller group where each would be paying double the price.

It's all or nothing.
Everyone in the room will get it or no one.

That's extremely disappointing :(

Hmm, that could be an option... I'd have to find out what exactly my friends want to do, but if it winds up being more expensive or more trouble than it's worth, then maybe it would be best to just pay OOP for it all.

Thank you all for your help!

Yes while that would be an option overall they would probably be paying more for that then just paying OOP because I would not expect that the people in the party that are not going to use the credits would be willing to pay for "their share" of credits putting the financial burden on a smaller group where each would be paying double the price.

Absolutely agree. I'm just pointing out it is an option, but I don't recommend it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter