Am i crazy what do you think?

mhelsley

DIS Veteran
Ok a little back story. We got a great deal on flooring for the kitchen/dinningroom with connecting laundry room. So we got to thinking why not paint the walls as they REALLY need it. So now this has become a budget kitchen redo. We are mainly getting flooring, paint, moulding to spruce up cabinets(this is the most i'll do to them as they look good but are not good quality and will need to be replaced) and a fridge and microwave(they need replacing). So here is the crazy thought due to the fact that this is a facelift not a total redo(maybe in 7 years)how crazy would it be or look to use chalkboard paint(black) in area were the backsplash stop up to the cabinets. My kitchen has golden oak cabinets with butcher block formica,floor is slate like pergo and with soon to be all black appliances. Do you think this would look ok?

Thanx
Melinda

Can't comment on how it would look. Typically your backsplash gets dirty from cooking, etc; and my experience with chalkboard paint is that it is hard to keep clean.

Just something to consider.

I personally think that since you have black appliances a black chalkboard backsplash would be alot of black for one area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter