Am I crazy to cancel Le Cellier?

We like LC for 1 TC but would easily give it up for almost any of the 2TC. I have been dying to try FF.

I ate at Le Cellier for the first time, during my last visit to the World, December 2009. It was lunch ADR and I have to say, after all the hype, I was quite disappointed. We tried the cheese soup (too salty for my taste) and the whiskey cake (nothing special, IMO). So, from my experience, don't sweat it. It is overrated!!

i agree with princessshellie, we just ate there for lunch a few weeks ago. had the cheese soup and filet with substitute of cream cheese mashed potatoes for the risotto. the food was fine but not wonderful. we make filets at home with mushrooms that are actually much better, and i am not the best cook in the world ( dh cooks them on the grill! ) it's not that there is anything wrong with le cellier, we just didn't think it was great. so, i guess i would not fret over cancelling. just one opinion(actually 3 since all 3 of us in our family concurred on this one! )

Of those you mentioned, the one I'd be most likely to give up would be Kona. That would be hard because I love Kona too, but it would have to go before LeCellier.

If you were choosing betweem LeCellier and another 1 credit restaurant there might be a question - but I would choose any of the 2 credit places over LeCellier

:goodvibes Thanks all!!

I think... we're going to upgrade our dining plan and pass on Le Cellier. I might replace FF with Jiko, because I am not 100% sold on the menu at FF it's just close to where we're staying and it would be nice to see Illuminations that night.

I will post on the cancel thread with that info and an Ohana ressie time and date once I solidify plans with DH.

Kona and Artist Point are DH's only two choices of the 10 meals or whatever...so I'm going to let him keep them :rotfl:

YES u r nuts to cancel Le Cellier. I have been to WDW three times in the last two years and this April with be the first time I have been able to secure the MOST COVETED ressie there.:surfweb:

You are not crazy. People hype up Le Cellier like it is the greatest place to eat. It's far from it. It is barely a step above Outback (the only step being that it is in Disney). If you want a steak, go to Yachtsman or Shula's.

FF and Jiko are both quality restaurants, it really depends on your taste. If your family likes seafood I'd stick with FF. You can't go wrong with either FF or Jiko.

I wouldn't worry about it too much OP. We went there 2 years ago, hearing all the rave reviews. Everyone in our party said if given the choice we would choose to eat at Outback or Texas Roadhouse over LeCellier. Location and uniqueness (1TS credit steak house) I think are LC's best attributes. It's probably one of the better 1TS restaurants in WDW, but we just weren't overly impressed with it, and haven't given it a second thought since.

I cancelled Le Cellier last week to go to Marrakesh instead. I do love the mussels, but I can take or leave the place.

I don't think you are crazy, I think your plan sounds solid!!!!
I agree with a PP, we loved Le Cellier in the 90's. My DH still says it is the best steak he has ever eaten ( and we have eated at Ruth's Chris). But the quality has gone WAY down. We do not even try for an ADR there anymore.
Enjoy your trip.

Well, I checked again today and was able to get Le Cellier for lunch on our arrival day, which was an Epcot day anyway. Since we are driving in from another part of FL, it should be doable, if we oversleep I'll cancel.

What's hilarious to me is that I woke up at 5 am Oct 27th to get ressies and now 5 weeks out I'm changing everything and still able to get Le Cellier.... oh, the needless drama.

Cancelling LeCellier and Ohana????? Never, these are my families 2 favorites. My sons, (15,13,9) eat like kings at both of these. Wouldn't trade for Flying Fish, only thing they might trade for would be Fulton Crab House, but I doubt it. Seriously though, you really can't go wrong, in all our trips (29 and counting) we have only had 2 bad dining experience and they were Captain Jacks and Japan.

We've been to LC several times and have finally given up on it. I love the cheese soup, but have noticed a devinate decrease in quality on the entree items. Just because its a coveted adr, doesn't mean its great :goodvibes.

Sounds like you have a great plan.

If it doesn't fit in your plans...then you're not crazy.

Although... it does have really great reviews.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter