Am I crazy to be considering a 100 point add-on now?

gayleBWV

Earning My Ears
I am considering a 100 pt addition at my home resort. With everything that has happened in the past 2 weeks, am I crazy? We currently have 225 pts. I would be adding on at my home resort. We have 2 boys 10 and 7, and plan to go to Disney every year, at least for the forseeable future. We stayed at HH last March in a 2 bedroom and I can see that it won't be too long until we will want that kind of space on every vacation. This 100 pt contract came as a surprise totally out of the blue. I was intending to add on at BCV, but would prefer to stay with my home resort. Prior to 9/11 I would NOT have hesitated, but with all the turmoil at this time, I'm just questioning whether I should snap this up (I don't think this small of a contract will be available again for a while), or wait until next year when BCV opens. I have to make a fairly quick decision. Any thoughts regarding this would be appreciated. I guess I could think of it as my patroitic duty in helping the economy!!! Thanks in advance. Gayle

Ah, Gayle, we're in the same dilemma. We visited our VWL "home" for the first time last week and dh and I would love to have more points, but everything seems so unsure right now... What to do? I want to add on before VWL sells out, but....

If your source of income is secure and you have the means, I say go for it. Is the 100 point add-on at a resort that is sold out (resale) or are you taking advantage of the recent increase of the MBs?

If it is a resale and the price is acceptable to you AND the resort is sold out, it would further increase the desire (IMHO).

As most say, you can never have too many points especially if you have the taste for a larger home and you plan to visit often.

Good luck with your decision!

DiznEeyore-Good luck with your decision. I have to decide tonight AND discuss with (convince) the DH if I decide to go forward.

Mickbee-Its not MB. Its at my sold-out home BWV. I REALLY want to do this, but the timing is scary. Finances aren't really a big consideration, and the price is OK. Still........... Gayle

Gayle, I can appreciate your reserve. A while back I was looking at a 100 point add-on at BWV and snoozed. Guess where I kicked myself for a while...

If you are not comfortable now with the recent events, perhaps when the world is at peace (hopefully very soon), something will appear on the market again when it feels right.

As others have mentioned, these times will pass and we have 40+ years of DVC enjoyment.

Another thought: Would the opening of BCV make the demand for BWV higher or lower?

Just do it!

I was waiting at the aiport for my plane, logged on to this web site and decided to take advantage of the new buy back offer. My home is VWL, but I added on 120 pts at HH. They offered $13 per point, that was my down payment! Just joined DVC two weeks ago (closed) and have never stayed home yet. I added on more points without even making one trip. Who's crazy?

Tab

Gayle, Go for it. If you don't you will regret it. Take advantage of the opportunity..........................:D

We added on the end of Aug before the tragedy. I am glad we did and I really think we would have anyway. Our jobs are secure and like so many have said, we have 40 years to have many great family trips. The points just keep going up and now seemed to be the time to add on. We wanted to have the extra so when we retire, we can take even more trips. Good luck with your decision.

With the size of your family, you definately need more points than you have. I would go for it. If you know you have the finanacing now, I am sure it will be fine. I know we kicked ourselves for not buying more in the first place.

Is this through the Timeshare Store? They have a good reputation here on the board.... Personally, if you have the money and feel that your source of income is secure, I wouldn't hesitate to add on... A few weeks ago I would have been much more hesitant, but I think you'll be okay at this point...

I don't think you're crazy at all. I got a call from my guide this week with the opportunity to add on points at BWV. I had been on the wait list and the lottery list for points there, but figured it would never happen. Although I only hesitated for a moment before I snapped them up, it didn't feel as perfect as all of my other transactions. But I know it was the right move for me, and I can now look forward to 42 more years of the Food & Wine Festival.

Thanks so much for all the replies. I decided that when an unexpected opportunity knocks, you should jump on it. After all, as someone else said, I'm looking at another 40 years of Disney vacations. So, I'll be the proud new owner of another 100 BWV points!! (Well as soon as the check clears, and the papers are signed and recorded --details, details!!) Thanks again. Gayle

Congratulations, Gayle! We also went ahead with our add-on today. We are now the proud owners of 300 points at VWL. More points than I ever thought we'd own. Yay! :D

Congratulations to you too DiznEeyore!!! I THINK we're finished adding on for a while--at least until Eagle Pines comes on board. You never know, since 2 days ago I had NO idea we would be lucky enough to get more BWV points.

Its actually kind of funny, because when we originally started talking about DVC, I told DH we would need about 300 pts. However, he thought we would only be going every other year and would only need 150. So we bought 175. Then we decided to go EVERY year, so we added on 50 before it sold out. So after actually staying at BWV during Christmas, I thought we might need more points, but was resigned to adding at BCV. Now here's the 100 pts. out of the blue. So now we have 325!!
Back to my original estimate. We obviously should have bought the 300 at $65 a year and a half ago.....Gotta love that 20-20 hindsight. Oh well, I'm really excited anyway.!! Gayle

We added on 100 at VWL in June before points went up to $75. We already had 160 at BWV. The plan is every other year a week at BWV, every other year 5 days at VWL. Except this year, it's 5 days at BWV and 4 days at VWL with the extra points from this year.
If you are crazy, we all are!:D
Robin M.
Poly 6/2000
BWV 6/2001
BWV/VWL 7/2002
Poly 4 day weekend 12/2001???

No, you are not crazy....you are fortunate to have the ability to buy more points. As others have said if you have dependable employment, why not? We sure can't spend the rest of our lives sitting around waiting for the world to end.

It must be an illness. We originally signed for 180 pts, within two days we changed to 200, and before we closed, we increased again to 250. It snow balled from there. We now have a nice little nest of 550 points.

I hope we are done or I am going to need more vacation time and stock in the airlines! No... scratch the airline stock idea... ;)

I'm going for it! Not an add on at my current home, but a brand new home! The new MB program has pushed me over the edge and I'm going to purchase points at VWL!! :D :D :D

Congratulations to all my fellow add-on crazies!! Its great great company to be in. Gayle

Gayle,

How did this opportunity present itself? Were you on a wait list, or did you contact a timeshare company? I am interested in adding on also, but only at BWV.

Thanks,
Alice Sr.

PS. We are also from Aurora, IL., small world.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter