Am I being rude?

I did exactly the same thing when they did this special with regular iPods in '06. I didn't think it was rude, and the recipient knew exactly what I had done.

As everyone else said, it's not a problem....

I just posed the question to my partner.

He said, "Well, if the niece is smart, she will know the computer comes with the ipod and might wonder where it is".

Just the same, not really rude to keep it.

You could avoid this whole issue by giving the niece the iPod, and keeping the laptop for yourself. I don't believe they're advertising free laptops with each iPod purchased....just sayin'....

Kim this is not rude in the least.
After all your niece is getting a laptop and a Mac to boot for free.
Keep the i-pod and enjoy!
This is a win win situation for both your niece as well as you! :woohoo::woohoo::dance3::dance3:

Not rude for you to keep the Ipod. You will love the Touch, I love mine.

Mac's Rule (apple user since 1988) - Your niece will love the Mac and it is virtually virus free - though I would still make sure it has protection on it as there are more and more hackers trying to create worms to attack them everyday. Her college will require her to have the computer protected before she can log on to their network.

Enjoy the Ipod.

My name is Tracey and I am a Mac. (pun off the PC Commercial):rotfl:

It's karma ... the next time your niece gets something for free, she wont give it to you. Make your decision from that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter