Am I being rude?

chirurgeon

I am a delicate flower and need my sleep.
Mom and I are getting my #1 niece a mac laptop as a graduation present. Apple is offering a free iPod Touch when you buy the computer for a student. I want to take the iPod Touch for myself. Is that rude? Should I give it to my niece?

Opinions please,

Kim

I don't think it is. If you are having the computer shipped to you or you are buying it at a brick and motar. Just wrap the computer and don't include the iPod. She doesn't need to know and I am sure she will be grateful for the computer. On the other hand, if you are having the whole package shipped to her and then plan on asking her to give you the iPod, well, that I wouldn't do. It would be akward for me.

Kim, I don't consider that rude at all. Your plan was to give your niece a laptop, which you are (very nice gift). That it happens to come with eyepod, has nothing to do with your gift to your niece.
Enjoy your ipod.

Not at all Kim. You and Mom are sticking with your original intent. What a very nice gift.

My guess is that you are the favorite Aunt? :)

I agree with everyone else...give your niece the laptop (woo hoo!) and keep the iPod Touch (a win-win situation!).

doesnt seem rude at all. You intended to ge the computer for her and you are. Now the only issues is if your mom wanted the ipod as well ;) then you'd have to fight for it!

Yeah, not rude at all. You are already spending more than 1000 dollars on a laptop so keep the iPod for yourself.

Honestly If someone was giving me a Mac for graduation I would be super excited! i have a Ipod Touch ENJOY it its awesome!:D

Keep the touch. Not rude at all.

Sorry but i think it's very rude. To make up for it, you should give the itouch to me!!

Andy ;)

Mom and I are getting my #1 niece a mac laptop as a graduation present. Apple is offering a free iPod Touch when you buy the computer for a student. I want to take the iPod Touch for myself. Is that rude? Should I give it to my niece?

Opinions please,

Kim

if i wanted it, i would also keep it for myself...i don't think that's rude...

and getting your niece a macbook is incredibly generous of you!!!!!!! :goodvibes

The general consensus says keep it.

Who am I to budge from the general consensus? :teeth:
(I think it's nice to be able to treat yourself. Never feel selfish for thinking of yourself from time to time.)

You are not only not rude, you are very nice and generous!

Great gift for niece.

Nice ipod you you.

Enjoy!:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter