• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Alpine Magic Photos-6/20-Part 2

Hi RSM,

Thanks so much for taking the time to post your lovely photos. We just returned from the Germany adventure and had such a wonderful time that we were trying to figure what adventure we would like to do next. Alpine Magic is one of the frontrunners so were are grateful for your feedback on your trip.

May I ask how many travelers were on your adventure? What was the average temperature while you were there? Were the buses air-conditioned and equipped with a restroom for the long journeys? Did you need to have Euros on hand to pay for expenses along the way or would a Visa/Mastercard do the trick?

Thanks so much for your input!

Yes, I think Marc will be GLUED to the TV set! And you guys did get a few raindrops around Boston I see... :eek:

Hi RSM,

Thanks so much for taking the time to post your lovely photos. We just returned from the Germany adventure and had such a wonderful time that we were trying to figure what adventure we would like to do next. Alpine Magic is one of the frontrunners so were are grateful for your feedback on your trip.

May I ask how many travelers were on your adventure? What was the average temperature while you were there? Were the buses air-conditioned and equipped with a restroom for the long journeys? Did you need to have Euros on hand to pay for expenses along the way or would a Visa/Mastercard do the trick?

Thanks so much for your input!

Hi Cheer4bison,

We can't speak highly enough of the Alpine Magic adventure. The activities and scenery are great.

We had 37 total in our group. While we were there (6/20-6/28), the average temp in Stresa/Lake Como was probably in the low 80's, Zermatt was probably in the mid to high 60's in town (much cooler as you got to higher elevations), and Luzern was probably mid to upper 80's. These would be daytime temps. It was ~5-10 degrees cooler in the mornings and evenings. We had alot of sun, so it got pretty warm. The buses were air conditioned, but there was no restroom on the bus. It wasn't that big of a deal as the longest bus ride was ~3 hours which we did twice. Each time there was a 20 minute stop at a scenic site for a bathroom break or photo opportunity. We had euros (for Italy) and swiss francs (for Switzerland), but just about every place we shopped or ate took credit cards. The only exception being something like the street vendor selling gelato (no different than in the states). We also never had an issue finding an ATM. They seemed plentiful. Hope this helps.

Thanks WDWSOS. Most of the photos were taken on a Canon Rebel xti (DSLR camera). Although a few of them were taken on a Nikon Coolpix.

We actually went to Paris for 5 days after Alpine Magic so I know the scene in your photo of the Trocadero. We stayed at the Pullman in that area. It felt like we could reach out and touch the Eiffel tower from our balcony.

BTW--nice to see a fellow Bostonian. We are from metrowest.

This is rather funny... I have a Canon Digital Rebel which I used for my first four AbD trips, and I recently bought a Nikon Coolpix P100 for the Knights and Lights trip (traveling with Allen and Angela!). You have good taste - lol!

I'm from West Roxbury (part of Boston) and can see Brookline from my window. I didn't realize we were neighbors. :)

Dotti

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter