Alpacas and Llamas explanation--- because it seems to have puzzled several posters.

Back when my former boss and I were watching the company going down the tubes (we just let go half our group - again), we talked about how we should get into Alpaca farming. We were only 1/2 :)

I was at a local fair yesterday where they had some alpacas on display, along with their goods. VERY soft material.

I promise to post alpaca pictures when I get back from the fiber festival I am going to in October. They might have llamas too.

Kim

Alpaca farm out here in our neck of NJ. Then there are the two that someone owns that we get to see almost every day on our drive home from work.

BTW, if you have not seen the "Dirty Jobs" show segment with the host trying to shear one of these animals (think alpacas) try to find it. Watching him pay for the lost income due to the bad job he did is priceless. After shearing, they just look weird.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter